CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to create ci using createAssetmehtod using soap webservice method

Posted Oct 13, 2016 05:14 AM

Hi Team,

can you please help me how to create new ci using createAssetMethod. I'm trying to create ci as follows but it is giving "

AHD05545:Invalid Configuration Item Class identifier" error. I'm new to this. can you please provide necessary details on this.

StringHolder createAssetResult = new StringHolder();

StringHolder newAssetHandle = new StringHolder();

StringHolder newExtensionHandle = new StringHolder();

StringHolder newExtensionName = new StringHolder();

ArrayOfString attrVal1 = new ArrayOfString();

attrVal.setString(new String[] { "name", "asset_name",

"class", "Application"});

ArrayOfString attr1 = new ArrayOfString();

attr1.setString(new String[0]);

usd.createAsset(sid, attrVal1, attr1, createAssetResult, newAssetHandle, newExtensionHandle, newExtensionName);

• 2.  Re: How to create ci using createAssetmehtod using soap webservice method

Posted Oct 13, 2016 02:04 PM

Whenever you have an attribute that is an SREL to another object you must user the persistent id (aka persid or handle) of the referenced object instance. For example the OOTB (Out-of-the-box) persid for class name "Application" is "grc:300110".

• 3.  Re: How to create ci using createAssetmehtod using soap webservice method

Posted Oct 14, 2016 06:36 AM

Thanks Lindsay. Is there any command to find the persid of particular class.

• 4.  Re: How to create ci using createAssetmehtod using soap webservice method

Posted Oct 14, 2016 09:01 AM

Hi Balakrishna,

To find the persid of a certain class, you can do that by running the doSelect method on that object

Kind Regards,

Brian