CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  New fields in service desk and boxi report

Posted May 08, 2015 04:15 PM

I added a field to an incident form. The field was already on change order form and the z table was created when service desk was installed. I have a derived boxi universe and can see the z table but do not see the table/fields in the chg table in the  universe. when I refresh structure the table still does not populate on the chg or on the cr table. I need to be able to create a boxi report and report on this field. This is a drop down field on the chg and incident form.

• 2.  Re: New fields in service desk and boxi report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2015 05:03 PM

Sconnolly,

Normally a refresh structure on the table should reflect the newer attributes that did not show up on the table previously.

Is this offline reporting maybe? I'm wondering if the custom schema definitions did not make it to offline SDM server.

_R

• 3.  Re: New fields in service desk and boxi report

Posted May 08, 2015 05:20 PM

Stephanie ,

Check to see if you created the activity associations for them if they are "SREL" fields then you will need to have them defined there (Administration > notifications > Activity associations ... ) the string and date fields will appear without them being created as the activity associations but SREL's need to be ..

-Sherwin,.

• 4.  Re: New fields in service desk and boxi report

Posted May 12, 2015 12:02 PM

Thanks Sherwin. I added the field to the activity associations but still can not see the field in universe. I also have a ticket open with CA support from 2 weeks ago.

I think there is something else that needs to be done.

• 5.  Re: New fields in service desk and boxi report

Posted May 12, 2015 12:09 PM

After you add them there you should do the View > re structure thing in BOXI for the new fields to show up ...sometimes I remember having to click the object (in your case I think you are working on the chg or cr object) and then do a view > restructure ...

again you should be in your "derived" / custom universe when you do it ....

-Sherwin...

• 6.  Re: New fields in service desk and boxi report
    Best Answer

Posted May 15, 2015 04:03 PM

Earlier this week, Thomas E. and I worked with Stepanie on a webex session and guided through Tec doc http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec485859.aspx

Here, we:

1. refreshed structure on the universe.

2. grabbed and placed zCloumn into incident and change classes

3. saved and exported universe

4. Now client is able to see and use field in question

Regards,

Luis Millan