CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to modify a group of selected tickets?

Posted Feb 02, 2017 04:07 PM

We did not have the "SLA service type attached event" set up properly so many tickets that did break our enterprise established SLA timelines did not update properly to indicate this causing our reporting to become inaccurate.  Another thing to keep in mind is that most of the several thousand tickets in question are already closed.  

I am hoping to find some command similar to PDM_LOAD that will allow me to change the "SLA_VIOLATION" attribute to show that they did in fact break SLA and be able to report on them.  I do realize that since the events did not attach/fire properly that I will have to have the group requesting this update manually research the tickets that should be updated. 

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to modify a group of selected tickets?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2017 04:33 PM

Richard, you can create an input file to set the sla_violcation field to 1. Take, for example Call_Req table, you can create an input file myinput.txt

with

TABLE Call_Req
    id sla_violation ref_num
    { "402453" ,"1" ,"1000040" }
    { "402403" ,"1" ,"1000036" }
    { "402352" ,"1" ,"1000033" }

where ref_num is the cr/in/pr number and id is its id(you can get the id by running

pdm_extract -f "select id from Call_Req where ref_num='xxxx'"

if you know the cr/in/pr number xxxx)

Once you have this file, you run

pdm_load -f myinput.txt

Also please notice that "1" means the sla was violated once and if you believe this ticket's sla was violated many times, you could use

"2", "3" etc.

Thanks _Chi