CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Close incident for analyst level 1

• 1.  Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 25, 2016 10:54 AM

Hi community,

I'm using CA SDM 14.1.02 and I have a question: ¿How can I to set so that the Analyst level 1, only can to close incidents from any state, and be the only one to see the closed state from any previous state?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 26, 2016 01:47 AM

This sounds like a bad idea if you consider the ITIL definitions and way of doing things but I'll set that aside and try to help you out. There's more than one way to achieve this but the easiest might be to do it with data partitions. I don't have a r14 system available but here's how I'd attempt this (let us know how it goes):

1. Ensure that no other role uses the same data partition as the L1 analyst, clone the existing one if needed
    2. Add a Cr_Status view constraint to all other DPs but the L1 analyst DP like this
      code <> 'CL'
    3. Add a Call_Req view constraint to all other DPs but the L1 analyst DP like this
      status <> 'CL'

And that's it.

You could also do this on the request_status_change.htmpl form and insert some logic based on the current role, but in my opinion going through the data partitions might be simpler.

• 3.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 26, 2016 08:57 AM

Hi Jussi Valkonen,

Thank you very much for interesting in my question. Your solution is good, but does not help me, because the requirement is that the others levels can see the closed state from confirming state, but not from the other states. And adding the constraint that you propouse, limit the visualitation the closed status in all moment.

• 4.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 27, 2016 06:11 AM

Yep, if you need to conditionally see the status then data partitions are not the way to do it, I just didn't assume anything apart from what you initially said. For the conditionality the best way is indeed what birolturker.kara suggested and improving Chi_Chen's suggestion to use code instead of id for improved readability:

<PDM_IF "$SESSION.ROLE_ID" == 10008>
      <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Status" attr=status factory=crs_cr >
    <PDM_ELSE>
      <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Status" attr=status factory=crs_cr whereclause="code<>'CL'">
    </PDM_IF>

For better maintainability you'll want to place this inside a separate htmpl file and then include that file on detail_cr.htmpl and request_status_change.htmpl where you normally have the status dropdown. This way you can later on override the definition for a specific form group while the rest fall back to the default way defined this way. This also works well together with the global status transitions so overall you should have a very flexible and easily maintainable solution if you go this way.

• 5.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 26, 2016 07:24 AM

For limiting the closure:

Since 12.xx something (can't remember if 12.7 or 12.9 introduce it) you can use status transition to restrict what status is available from other status and you can add a condition there

so you can create a condition macro that will check for the current role of the logged in user and only allow the transition to close if this is equal to Analyst Level 1.

Hope this help.

/J

• 6.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 26, 2016 09:11 AM

Hi jmayer,

Thank you very much for interesting in my question.

I have been trying adding in the Activities Association, a association that evaluetes the current role of the logged in user, and so create the condition macro, but I have not been able.

I appreciate your help in creating this Activity Association.

• 7.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 26, 2016 09:27 AM

Hi,

I can help you to create that condition macro but why will you want an activity association.

This macro is to be used in your status transition.

/J

• 8.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 26, 2016 04:26 PM

Hi jmayer,

Can you help me to create that condition macro please? I was thinking in activity association to evaluate in the macro, the role of the analyst who created the ticket and thus know if an analyst at Level 1.

I appreciate all your help.

• 9.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2016 05:34 PM

I think you can try to do this using Tuker's suggestion. For

example

<PDM_IF "$SESSION.ROLE_ID" == 10008>

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Status" attr=status factory=crs_cr >

<PDM_ELSE>

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Status" attr=status factory=crs_cr whereclause="id<>5201">

</PDM_IF>

here we assume 10008 is the id of "level 1 analyst" role and

5201 is the id for "closed" staus.

• 10.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 26, 2016 10:08 PM

birolturker.kara and Chi Chen,

Thank very much, I served your help!

• 11.  Re: Close incident for analyst level 1

Posted Feb 26, 2016 12:40 PM

Hi Jhonj,

You can take actions for below statements

"10008" is Level 1 Analyst Session Role Id