CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  PDM_LIST tag with custom where

Posted Aug 22, 2016 02:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how i can use a variable or pass a value into a where clause in a PDM_LIST tag. I know that the pdm_list tag only accepts values from server variables, so if you have some example or you have an idea for me it will be great.

I'm trying to use "$args.assignee", but before i saved the ticket this variable is empty, so i've trying to use "document.main_form.elements["SET.assignee"].value", but I have not been able to use this value into the where clause.

An example what i'm trying to do:

var assignee= document.main_form.elements["SET.assignee"].value;

<PDM_LIST PREFIX=cnt_var WHERE="id = U'assignee'" FACTORY=cnt>

alert("Enter to list");

</PDM_LIST>

Kind regards,

Yonatan Sosa Sanchez

• 2.  Re: PDM_LIST tag with custom where

Posted Aug 23, 2016 01:48 PM

Please realize that PDM_LIST is a pre-processor function executed at the server and thus does not have access to client side (Javascript) variables such as document.main_form.elements["SET.assignee"].value

• 3.  Re: PDM_LIST tag with custom where

Posted Aug 23, 2016 02:14 PM

Hi Lindsay,

Thanks for your answer, i know that pdm_list is a pre-processor function.

One of our customer needs a validation with assignee field after this field was selected, and if this person have some kind of tickets an alert or a window popup could appear to show him some information, so for that reason i'm trying to doing directly in the form. document.main_form.elements["SET.assignee"].value has the value that i need to pass to pdm_list, also i'm trying to use <pdm_set> to change a value in the server side but i have the same problem like pdm_list.

Kind Regards,

Yonatan Sosa Sanchez

• 4.  Re: PDM_LIST tag with custom where

Posted Aug 23, 2016 03:24 PM

So you understand that PDM_LIST, PDM_SET, and all other pre-processor macros are executed before the user sees the form. There is no way for any of those server side macros to see what the user will enter into a field on the screen.

If I understand correctly, after the user enters an Assignee you want to run a query of tickets already assigned to that person and then pop up a window based on some condition(s). I think you would have to develop a function that used some AJAX-like lookup and call that function as an onChange parameter on the Assignee field. Sounds like a significant effort.

If you were willing to wait until the user saved the ticket then the PDM_LIST could access the saved Assignee.