CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Webform doesn't work correctly at hiding 'Priority', 'Urgency' or 'Impact' fields

Posted May 02, 2016 11:17 AM

Hi everybody, good morning, how are you =)???

As title indicates, I'm customizing some webforms for Customer we have into Service Desk Manager 14.1. Problem here is follow: In detail_in.htmpl, detail_cr.htmpl, detail_chg.htmpl, detail_pr.htmpl files, when I try to hide 'Priority', 'Urgency' or 'Impact' field(s), through comment each line code on htmpl file, these ones cause webform doesn't work correctly, for example 'loading' webform icon appears into screen and this throws a message indicating webpage load is in progress, and sidebar becomes idle not showing all fields belonging to this webform. I attach some screenshots describing above.

Could you tell me why these fields are causing this situation??? and if is there any suggestion to solve it???

Thanks in advance for your valuable help on this question.

Have a nice day, best regards, Daniel =).

• 2.  Re: Webform doesn't work correctly at hiding 'Priority', 'Urgency' or 'Impact' fields

Posted May 02, 2016 07:37 PM

Please note that there are some Javascript functions (e.g. loadActions) in those forms that are relying on the existence of those fields. This is probably where it is getting hung up.

As an aside, whenever I want to disable some macro code I surround it with:

<PDM_IF 0>

</PDM_IF>

• 3.  Re: Webform doesn't work correctly at hiding 'Priority', 'Urgency' or 'Impact' fields

Posted May 03, 2016 06:47 PM

Hi Lindsay, how are you =)???

Let me comment you I did suggestion you posted on this case, but webform persists with same problem of not working correctly. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, OK =)???: If I understood well, suggestion is for example encapsule 'Priority' field between <PDM_IF 0> and </PDM_IF>, is it correct???, if above is true, I did this action, but result wasn't expected. I attach images of line code of 'Priority' field commented between <PDM_IF 0> and </PDM_IF>, and its result.

comments_option_change_on_priority_field.png

webform_result_comment_option_change.png

If you need more information about this problem, please, let me know ...

Thanks in advance for your help to this problem.

Best Regards, Daniel.

• 4.  Re: Webform doesn't work correctly at hiding 'Priority', 'Urgency' or 'Impact' fields

Posted May 04, 2016 06:38 AM

Do you get the same error behavior if you completely remove the lines from the form instead of just commenting them out?

Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: Webform doesn't work correctly at hiding 'Priority', 'Urgency' or 'Impact' fields

Posted May 04, 2016 06:51 AM

hi,

there are a lot of scripts related to priority field, so if you remove that field, scripts will crashing with error.

to complete remove that field, you need to disable related javscript functions, you need to check:

- body onload event;

- scripts related to urgency, impact.

all of them are presented on detail_in form.

moslty you can get problem line on form using browser's console, click create new Incident button then instantly click F12, on console tab there will be error message.

Regards,

cdtj

• 6.  Re: Webform doesn't work correctly at hiding 'Priority', 'Urgency' or 'Impact' fields

Posted May 04, 2016 12:36 PM

Hi cdtj how are you =)???

According your suggestion, will you have an example of how to comment these functions and variables involved with 'Priority', 'Impact' and 'Urgency' fields presented on detail_in form you could share???

Thank you so much to everybody for your suggestions for solving this problem.

Have a nice day. Best Regards, Daniel =D...

• 7.  Re: Webform doesn't work correctly at hiding 'Priority', 'Urgency' or 'Impact' fields
    Best Answer

Posted May 12, 2016 06:34 PM

Hi everybody.

First of all, let me thank you for your help to try solve this problem with hid 3 fields (Priority, Urgency, Impact) into webform detail in. Second: let me sharing you solution of this post: Only configuration I did was inactivate 'Priority Calculation Matrix', located on 'Administration' tab->Service Desk->Requests/Incidents/Problems->Priority Calculation. With this change problem with hid 'Priority', 'Urgency' and 'Impact' fields desappeared and webform is shown without any problem, so I consider, problem was solved =D.

So, thanks a lot for your posts into this topic.

Best, Regards, Daniel =).