CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  TIBCO Jaspersoft & Xtraction

Posted Jun 23, 2016 01:22 AM

Hi Team,

recently i hear the news that CA will be using TIBCO Jaspersoft instead of BOXI for service management tool.

which i think is the right decision my question is that CA also have Xtraction as reporting tool as well which is fare more developer and user friendly as compare to other tools.

so why don't they have choose Xtraction(acquire by landesk) instead of Tibco any idea?

• 2.  Re: TIBCO Jaspersoft & Xtraction
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2016 01:46 PM

Hi Farooq,

Xtraction and Jasper are really two different things with very different purposes.  Xtraction is really a tool for creating and viewing dashboards.  Although it does have the capability of creating "reports" its strong point are real-time dashboards.  Xtraction is only compatible with CA Service Management products and not other CA Products as it requires a proprietary data model to enable it to utilize the database (such as the MDB).   Jaspersoft is a full blown enterprise reporting tool that can be used with any product, and thus was chosen as the product to transition to from BOXI as it would be the tool provided with many CA Products, where as Xtraction can only be used with CA Service Management products.  So across all of CA, many products are transitioning to Jaspersoft from BOXI as the CA Business Intelligence reporting engine.  No dont misunderstand this - Xtraction is a VERY powerful and useful tool that is sold as an add-on to bring additional value to the CA Service Management products.

I hope this helps to explain a bit.

Thanks,

Jon I.