CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Update Status Activity Description is not saved

Posted Jul 13, 2016 07:55 AM

Hi,

SDM 14.1.2

When i use Update Status activity, the user description is not saved, if the status is not changed.

I want to add the user description as log comment, if the status is not changed.

Please share the spel code regard this.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Update Status Activity Description is not saved

Posted Jul 13, 2016 08:39 AM

Hi Saravanakumar,

Just wondering why the Log Comment cannot be used for that. What you are describing is the expected behavior.

Sandra

• 3.  Re: Update Status Activity Description is not saved

Posted Jul 13, 2016 08:47 AM

Actually, when the user forget to change the status and typed the user description on Update Status page, is not saving.

So that i want to save the user description even though the status is not changed

Please help on this

• 4.  Re: Update Status Activity Description is not saved

Posted Jul 13, 2016 09:51 AM

Hi Saravanakumar,  This was something that was actually a bug which folks were exploiting previously, which has now been fixed.  The update status form should NOT be used to log comcments.  The analysts should be using the Log Comment form to do that.  I am not totally sure if its spelcode in play there but rather the form itself that seems to have been updated.  Can you share with us if there is a specific reason as to why you want to use the Update Status form to log comments?  Or is it just a habit at this point that the analysts got used to doing?

Let me know,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Update Status Activity Description is not saved

Posted Jul 13, 2016 10:06 AM

If using the "Update Status" activity menu in the incident form, comments typed aren't saved unless the status is also changed at the same time. No error is presented, and the screens all refresh normally as if the action were successful, however no additional comment is logged. This could cause some issues for those who are trying to add a comment to a ticket but didn't realize that their comment wasn't saved.

Would like for the "update status" activity to save a comment even if the value of the status field hasn't changed.

-Saravana

• 6.  Re: Update Status Activity Description is not saved

Posted Jul 13, 2016 10:50 AM

Hi Saravanakumar,

That functionality was removed as it was a bug so there is no way to make it save without changing the status.  The log comment form should be used for logging comments, not the update status form.  Additionally, in 14.1.02, when you attempt to do that, there is a message thrown that says the status was not changed.  If you have 14.1.02, but do not have the message showing when you try to save the update status form without changing the status, then its possible you have the form customized, and as such, you are not using the new form delivered with 14.1.02.  If you disable your custom form and test it out, you will see the message like this:

If you are not seeing this message on your 14.1.02 system, you may not have cleared your browser cache after applying 14.1.02, OR you have the form customized, and didnt rebuild your custom forms after applying 14.1.02.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: Update Status Activity Description is not saved

Posted Jul 13, 2016 11:07 AM

Yes. Thanks for your inputs.

If i remove my customized request_status_change.htmpl form and clear cache means, i get that message thrown.

But i need my customized request_status_change.htmpl form in place. How to get that message with my customized form in place.

Please suggest.

Thanks

• 8.  Re: Update Status Activity Description is not saved

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2016 11:44 AM

Hello @Saravanakumar,

At the present time, the Update Status functionality no longer allows one to write a comment only without an actual status update;  as previously mentioned, this was an unintended functionality that has been removed.  The customisations you have in place on the request_status_change.htmpl rely on a version of the form that is no longer compatible with the SDM maintenance level you are at.

I would advise to either:

-Redo all of the customisations on the request_status_change.htmpl form on the latest version of the form

-Any custom functionality from request_status_change.htmpl could be transferred over to alg_edit_htmpl .

alg_edit_htmpl  is the form used for "Log Comment", and is where end users should be writing their comments if there is no actual status update.

• 9.  Re: Update Status Activity Description is not saved
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 13, 2016 11:52 AM

Hi Saravanakumar,

You need to rebuild your custom form based on the newly delivered form.  You should be checking all of your custom forms to ensure they are based on the newest versions of the forms delivered with CP2.   If you rebuild your custom form based on the new form (by comparing the OOTB form in bopcfg to the custom one in site\mods and updating your old form). That should resolve this for you.

Jon I.

• 10.  Re: Update Status Activity Description is not saved

Posted Jul 13, 2016 12:56 PM

Yes. Thanks to all.

Rebuilding the request_status_change.htmpl form resolved the issue and getting the message when status is not changed.

Thanks again,

Saravana