CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Does anyone know how to get environment information in Service Catalog? ie. Server name or IP

• 1.  Does anyone know how to get environment information in Service Catalog? ie. Server name or IP

Posted Sep 26, 2016 12:59 PM

I need to run service catalog on two different servers and want to replicate the code across both.

I want to be able to display or hide fields based on which server it is on, does anyone know if I can get this information into a service catalog form?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Does anyone know how to get environment information in Service Catalog? ie. Server name or IP

Posted Sep 26, 2016 07:04 PM

One option could be to:

1) Create a data object to query the mdb for the system information, following are a few possibilities:

select machinename from al_cdb_componentinstallstate where packageid='task.install_slcm'
    select value from usm_configuration where group_name='proxyconfiguration' and name='hostname'
    select product_specific_data from ca_application_registration where product_name='CA Service Catalog'

2) Create a custom JavaScript function, invoked likely onLoad of the form, which calls ca_reportQuery to run the data object from step 1 and then hide/show the fields in the onSuccess function.

For information on ca_reportQuery  as well as other predefined JavaScript functions I would recommend taking a look at Administration > Tools > Links > Form Designer JavaScript API > Global.