CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Triggering a notification from a knowledge document comment

• 1.  Triggering a notification from a knowledge document comment

Posted Jul 31, 2016 10:36 PM

Good afternoon,

I have been asked if Service Desk Manager can generate an automated notification when the target date on an open comment of a knowledge document has occurred on or earlier than a specified date (EG: older than 30 days).

I wondered whether a Activity Notification could work but these normally are configured for an action or when something occurs (such as the Initial activity of a ticket).

For the meantime I have suggested that they could write a report showing all open comments that have been open for longer than a certain timeframe.

Thank you

David

• 2.  Re: Triggering a notification from a knowledge document comment

Posted Aug 01, 2016 08:24 AM

Hi David,

This is an interesting one - have never come across this before.  You are correct about the activity notifications, as that wont work since this is not something tied to an activity of some sort (which would have an activity association record tied to it).  There is an existing activity for "New Follow-up Comment" that exists out of the box, BUT, I dont think that there is a way to get it to do a "reminder" of sorts for open comments that are greater than 30 days and not closed.   I tried to set this up before responding to you by creating a new site-defined-condition, that being that the open KD comment is more than 30 days old and is still open, but I cannot get it to work      I think your best bet for this would be to create an idea here on the community, OR, just use a report to pull it.  The table you need is :O_COMMENTS"  and the field is FLG_STATUS, which would be "Open".

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Triggering a notification from a knowledge document comment

Posted Aug 01, 2016 11:43 PM

Thanks for that, Jon

Regards,

David