CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Xtraction - Date Filters based on Workshif

Posted Feb 23, 2016 11:18 AM

Hi All,

I would like to know how to create new date filters based on workshifts defined in CA Service Desk.

For example, I would like to update the existing date filter (on Xtraction) "Yesterday" to consider a specific workshift (a Regular Workshift):

Mon - Fri {8:00 - 19:00}

Is there any procedure or function to do this?

Thanks,

Ricardo Lima Neves.

• 2.  Re: Xtraction - Date Filters based on Workshif

Posted Feb 24, 2016 07:47 AM

I don't think this will be possible to do in Xtraction directly.

I you have an enterprise version of Xtraction you may look to adapt the data model but either there it may difficult just by the way Xtraction is working and how the work shift are stored in SDM.

A workaround around can be to create a custom field in SDM and create your own spl method/trigger  to calculate this time and store it there.

Then this will be easy to access from Xtraction

Hope this help

/J

• 3.  Re: Xtraction - Date Filters based on Workshif

Posted Mar 01, 2016 05:33 AM

Hi,

For your information as this is not really fully helping your case, I did check a little extra with some people from Xtraction on this with no real better result that my previous statement.

There is a way to remove weekend from the calculation as shown below but need to be hardcoded in your report and don't include the non business hours of week day

CASE WHEN INCIDENT.RESOLVE_DATE IS NULL THEN NULL ELSE  ((INCIDENT.RESOLVE_DATE - INCIDENT.OPEN_DATE)/86400) - 2*(TO_CHAR((TO_DATE( '1/1/1970','DD/MM/YYYY')+ (INCIDENT.OPEN_DATE/86400)),’WW’) - TO_CHAR((TO_DATE( '1/1/1970','DD/MM/YYYY')+ (INCIDENT.RESOLVE_DATE/86400)),’WW’)) END

/J