CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  copying scoreboard

Posted Apr 03, 2016 02:14 AM

hi there, i''ve several Roles defined in SDM.

i need to create a generic scoreboard NODE (Change Orders) with customize stored queries.  i manage to create for one of my role now can anyone tell me how can i reflect this node to other access types (by copying only)

also i Customize Scoreboard for Role (change manager) but when users login with the role he need to reset his scoreboard to view the new changes.

my question is as follow:

1- how can i copy/paste existing scoreboard to another role instead of creating

2- how to reflect scoreboard changes to all users without Resting Tree for every user.

awaiting for prompt responses.

• 2.  Re: copying scoreboard

Posted Apr 03, 2016 09:41 PM

I have a dim memory of doing something like this for a client a few years ago.  If you look at the contents of the User_Query table (object ‘usq’) you should be able to work out how the scoreboard hangs together.

I don’t have a live example in front of me right now, but for a role-based scoreboard one of the foreign keys in the User_Query table contains the role identifier.  Using that and the label field you should be able to work through the ‘parent’ links to identify both your generic node and the nodes that have it as ‘parent’ .  With patience and a certain amount of scripting (e.g. using ‘pdm_perl’) I’m sure you can work out how to create a ‘pdm_load’ file that adds the new records to a different role’s tree with the correct ‘parent’ relationships.

Take a backup of the User_Query table with pdm_extract before you start ☺.  If it all goes pear-shaped (as my early attempts did) you can take a fresh copy of User_Query, use that in a ‘pdm_load –r’ to delete the whole thing, then re-load your backup copy.

On your second question: to reset an analyst’s scoreboard to the new default, you can delete the User_Query entries that belong to that analyst.  Again, the analyst’s UUID will be in one of the foreign keys of the User_Query table.  Next time the analyst logs on s/he will see the role scoreboard.  That of course will also clear their scoreboard customisations.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: copying scoreboard

Posted Apr 04, 2016 05:12 AM

Here is a comprehensive tech doc that may help in your quest for copying a scoreboard:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec511104.aspx

Kind Regards,

Brian