CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  REST attachment download failure - missing Status?

Posted Mar 24, 2016 09:22 PM

I have a webservice downloading attachment's for a ticket via REST call.

The REST services are generally working fine (can retrieve any other list etc) but when trying to download an attachment we get the following errors in the jrest.log:

03/24 20:53:00.190 [http-bio-8050-exec-9] ERROR attmntService ? Exception occurred while downloading attachment file for URI(http://<servernameredacted>:8050/caisd-rest/attmnt/592253/file-resource/). Required status attribute is null for attmnt id(592253)

this system is running 12.9 with I believe at least cum1 installed, but won't be able to get the full .his file etc until morning.  have confirmed that the attachments work fine through the UI, and that the status of the attachments is 'INSTALLED' in the mdb. 

A search on support didn't turn up a tecdoc, but wondering if anyone has run into this previously and resolved it, will likely get a case open tomorrow once I am back on with the customer

thanks for any help

• 2.  Re: REST attachment download failure - missing Status?

Posted Mar 25, 2016 06:17 AM

Hi,

I think this was a specific patch/textfix  published for rest after that on 12.9 as we have problem too at that time but can't recall the patch itself.

That say we never got those attachment work with REST as we would like to and therefore we  are using SOAP for attachments specific giving us more flexibility.

/J

• 3.  Re: REST attachment download failure - missing Status?

Posted Mar 25, 2016 06:43 AM

Thanks that is my assumption, same code working fine against a separate 14.1 CUM 2 system.  And I agree an actual soap method to download would certainly be nice to be able to keep the calls all in the same context

• 4.  Re: REST attachment download failure - missing Status?

Posted Apr 01, 2016 01:01 PM

Just quick update it was a post cum1 patch for 12.9, once applied had no issues (T52Y335 if anyone needs for future ticket reference)