CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can convert CA Service Desk Universe from CABI 3.1 to 4.1 ?

Posted Mar 24, 2016 10:31 AM
      |   view attached

I am wondering if I can convert the Service Desk universe from CABI 3.1 to CABI 4.1; I converted, but the tables are not recognized in Information Design Tool. When I check the integrity in IDT almost all the tables are not recognized. I tried to build a test universe when I insert the table in looks like invincible.

• 2.  Re: Can convert CA Service Desk Universe from CABI 3.1 to 4.1 ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2016 10:48 AM

Miguel,

Upgrade Management Tool in 4.x  should be able to take care of this (and upgrade of your reports too) for you.

That's the preferred approach from CA.

Was there any other approach you followed to convert the universe?

_R

• 3.  Re: Can convert CA Service Desk Universe from CABI 3.1 to 4.1 ?

Posted Mar 24, 2016 10:53 AM

I used the Upgrade Management Tool in 4.x, but I still have problems with the Service Desk universe. It was the first that I did after the migration of CABI 3.1 to CABI 4.1

• 4.  Re: Can convert CA Service Desk Universe from CABI 3.1 to 4.1 ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2016 11:07 AM

Hi Miguel,

For migration, especially if you have a Derived universe (ie., a custom universe with a link to out of the box universe),  then the steps indicated on this wiki are very important to the dot.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1/step-3-install-the-common-components/install-ca-business-intelligence#InstallCABusinessIntelligence-MigrateContentfromRelease3.3toRelease4.1SP3

Instead of Post Installation Utility, you could use upgrade management tool, but rest of the steps to backup your universe to the file system and opening it again after upgrade are definitely needed in the same way documented on this wiki.

Or else you may lose integrity of your custom universe.

A support case is probably not a bad idea too, for one of the engineers to take a stab at.

_R