CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Modify employee view

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Modify employee view

Posted 01-25-2016 11:20 AM
      |   view attached

I am attempting to modify the employee view to include the number of open requests they currently have. I would also like to give the end user the option of locating their request via the search method similar to incidents. I have opened home.htmpl in the employee interface in WSP but was not certain is this was correct. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Modify employee view

Posted 01-25-2016 11:42 AM

Hi Chavarousk,

The employee interface (which I believe you have the correct form already - home.htmpl in the employee interface) already should have the number of open requests for that user.  The search part however is not something that we would be able to assist you with adding from a support standpoint as it would a bit out of our scope. However, there may be some other customers here who have gotten that to work and may be willing to share their configuration with you.  Another option would be to post an "idea" here on the communities for that feature.  Folks can then vote for it and product management will review it for consideration in a future release of the product.Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Modify employee view

Posted 01-25-2016 01:47 PM

Thanks for the response. Our employee view only displays the incidents and change orders. I looked for any sections that may have been commented out but was not able to find any.

• 4.  Re: Modify employee view
    Best Answer

Posted 01-26-2016 02:43 AM

The reason you are only seeing Incidents and not requests is due to the 'Employee_Intf_Incident_Support' option. It is probably set to 'Incidents Only'. Change this to 'Both Incidents and Requests' and then recycle the services. This should not list both Incidents and Requests for the Employee interface and address your query.

• 5.  Re: Modify employee view

Posted 01-26-2016 08:01 AM

This did the trick. It also added the ability to search for a request. Thank you!

• 6.  Re: Modify employee view

Posted 01-25-2016 03:41 PM

In our environment the section of Active Tickets in the Employee interface is actually a scoreboard for the Employee role. I am not sure if this is OOTB or custom. If it's OOTB then as the admin you can edit the scoreboard for this role under File->Customize Scoreboard. There is likely already a scoreboard query for My Requests or something similar, that will show the current user the Requests where they are the AEU. All you should need to do is add this query to the scoreboard for the Employee role.

• 7.  Re: Modify employee view

Posted 01-26-2016 08:02 AM

Thank you for your suggestion. We have not opened the employee role up for the end user but I will take this into consideration in the future when we do. `

• 8.  Re: Modify employee view

Posted 01-26-2016 08:29 AM

The Employee interface is what all users with the Employee role see when they login to Service Desk, assuming that is their default role. While you may not be explicitly assigning your users the Employee role, I suspect that if you look at their Access Type the attached role will be Employee.