CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Manipulating SDM requests from an email.

Posted May 26, 2016 09:10 AM

I'm still fairly new to development against SDM and PAM but this community has helped quite a bit. My question is in regards to using PAM and SDM in concert to manipulate an SDM request.

So far I'm now sending emails using PAM with information being displayed regarding the SMD request in the body. (Thank you pier-olivier.tremblay!)  My next hurdle is to get a series of links happening in the chain of emails coming from PAM that allow a department lead or project leader to click and immediately disapprove, or approve the request. This will happen in multiple points along the process. Is PAM capable of faciliating such a thing?

• 2.  Re: Manipulating SDM requests from an email.
    Best Answer

Posted May 26, 2016 09:18 AM

The easiest way is to use « User interaction » in PAM. But your users will need to log in pam and approve or disapprove.

If you absolutely need links in email, you may look at the PAM webService documentation. Maybe you can interact with a userInteraction using a webmethod in an http request.

I’m not sure about what I just said but if there’s webservice available with PAM, it should work.

• 3.  Re: Manipulating SDM requests from an email.

Posted May 26, 2016 04:11 PM

Ok so the user interaction seems to make sense in PAM. The log in shouldnt be an issue and I even found an example of integrating the links. The catch here is my approval process requires access to various contacts & supervisors at different levels within SDM. I see that the reporter contact does report back the UUID of the supervisor "supervisor_contact_uuid", however when I try to do a select against the UUID given to contact_uuid It tells me that the field doesnt exist or isn't atomic. Am I missing something here?

Capture.PNG

Again thanks POssq!

• 4.  Re: Manipulating SDM requests from an email.

Posted May 26, 2016 05:07 PM

Acutally disregard, I figured this one out on my own. When selecting by UUID's you need to get at them like so:

"id = U'"+ Process.super_UUID+"'"

Getting the hang of this.

• 5.  Re: Manipulating SDM requests from an email.

Posted May 27, 2016 08:27 AM

contact_uuid is a database column name. ID is the corresponding attribute in CNT object.

You may want to have a look at the schema designer, available in the web screen painter (pdm_wsp.exe on sdm server, use the little hammer button). You can see every object, with its attributes, and the corresponding database name.

If you want to know the name of an object, just right click on a form in ServiceDesk, it'll show the name of the htmpl file being displayed.

On a contact detail page, right click shows you : "print form detail_cnt.htmpl"  where cnt is the object name.

An change order will show "print form detail_chg.htmpl" and so on.

Have fun.

• 6.  Re: Manipulating SDM requests from an email.

Posted May 27, 2016 08:31 AM

You can retrieve this information all at once with the first doSelect.

object : cr

whereclause : "persistent_id = '" + Process.persid +"'"

maxRows : 1

attributes : ['customer.supervisor_contact_uuid.last_name','customer.supervisor_contact_uuid.first_name','customer.supervisor_contact_uuid.email_address',customer.last_name','etc..']

customer.supervisor_contact_uuid.supervisor_contact_uuid.last_name will display the last name of the supervisor, of the supervisor of the customer.

You can navigate in the object engine very far

• 7.  Re: Manipulating SDM requests from an email.

Posted May 27, 2016 08:51 AM

I was thinking that this was possible last night. I mean behind the scenes where talking about some simple joining here in SQL it was just a matter of understanding how PAM wanted me to do that.

Thanks again man, you rock! I ever catch up with you at an expo or something I owe you beers.