CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to validate the fields kind BREL in creation ticket?

Posted Jun 08, 2016 06:56 PM

Hi Community,

I need to create customization for validation the following rule: For create ticket, is necessary select one or more CIs in tab "Configuration Itens".

I've tried to create a trigger in PRE_VALIDATE and POST_VALIDATE, but I can not read the value asset.count or asset.lenght, it is still in the browser's memory.

Someone have suggestion?

• 2.  Re: How to validate the fields kind BREL in creation ticket?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 09, 2016 05:48 AM

Hi.

When you say "Ticket" I suppose you mean Change Orders as OOB there is no CI tab on R/I/P.

That will depend on what release you are on as at a time CA changed from LREL to BREL

This was working fine using the asset.length until CA decided to move with BREL and because for a new ticket there is no data committed to the foreign table yet.

For our change management we overcome this by making the CI required moving from RFC to something else

Below quick pseudo code to adapt to your needs.

trigger:

//using a low number as we don't want any another trigger to commit data if we are returning error here

POST_VALIDATE z_ci_required(status) 10 FILTER (status{});

spl:

chg::z_ci_required(...) {

if(event() == "UPDATE") {
    string zoldstatus;
    string znewstatus;
    zoldstatus = argv[2];
    znewstatus = argv[3];
    if(zoldstatus != 'RFC' && (zoldstatus != znewstatus)){
      send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "lrel_asset_chgnr", "sync_fetch", "RLIST_STATIC", format("chg = %d", this.id), -1, 0);

if(msg[1] == 0){
      string zmsg;
      zmsg=format("At least 1 Configuration Item is required  in tab 2 Additional Information under tab 4 Configutaions Items prior to move from '%s' status", status.sym);
      set_error(1);
      set_return_data(zmsg);
      return;
      }
    }
    }
    return;
    };

Hope this help

/J

• 3.  Re: How to validate the fields kind BREL in creation ticket?

Posted Jun 14, 2016 05:11 PM

Hi jorge.mario - Did jmayer 's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!