CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SDM: attach a file to the email notification

Posted Apr 04, 2016 07:38 AM

Hi team,

Is it possible to create a new template notification in order to send attached to the email notification all or some of the incident attachments?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: CA SDM: attach a file to the email notification

Posted Apr 04, 2016 09:06 AM

Hi Sanaa,

Not sure what version of Service Desk Manager you are currently running, however, in 14.1.02, recently the functionality to send out going notifications with attachments was added to the product.  I dont believe that you can send an attachment that is on a ticket, but you can do a manual notify and attach a file manually. 

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM: attach a file to the email notification

Posted Apr 04, 2016 09:13 AM

Thank you John for your response.

I'm using the 12.9 version. So it's not possible to send attachments that are linked to the ticket like email attachments using the automatic notifications, right?

• 4.  Re: CA SDM: attach a file to the email notification

Posted Apr 04, 2016 09:16 AM

Hi Sanaa,  yes that is correct.  That functionality is not available in 12.9, and is also that exact functionality is not available in 14.1.  In 14.1 you can only add an attachment to a manual notification, but not automate the attaching of ticket attachments to an automatic notification.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: CA SDM: attach a file to the email notification

Posted Apr 04, 2016 12:25 PM

Thanks a lot John.

If it's not possible to attach them to the email notification sent, would it be possible to sent the links to those attachments in the email notification body?

• 6.  Re: CA SDM: attach a file to the email notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2016 02:39 PM

Sanaa, with current versions, I don't think you can do that. Thanks _Chi

• 7.  Re: CA SDM: attach a file to the email notification
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 04, 2016 03:08 PM

Hi Sanaa,

Unfortunately it would not be possible to put links to attachments directly into a notification template as there is no attribute/variable that can be used.  There is really no connection at all between automatic outgoing notifications and attachments - triggers for such functionality doesnt exist unfortunately.  You can post an "idea" here on the communities where folks can vote for it, and product management will review it for possible inclusion in future versions of the product.

Thanks,

Jon I.