CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How do YOU update Workshift information for holidays, when Events are already under way, in SDM/ITSM?

Posted Jan 29, 2016 01:32 AM

Hello Everyone,

Got a question, which you may be able to help out on, especially those bigger sites which run a lot of Events and Workshifts.

How do you keep the Workshifts updated, when there are already Events under way?

EXAMPLE

It is 1st May and your government has just declared a special surprise public holiday on May 2nd.

You already have several thousands Events in Animator which were going to fall due on May 2nd, but now with the public holiday, should be deferred 24 hours until May 3rd.

Changing the Workshift is not an issue - you go in and do that.

But what about the existing Animator entries? Does anyone use a script to update these?
    (Bonus points if you're willing to share.)

You may manually "Defer" the Event by going into each ticket. However, this is a lot of administration work if there are a large number of tickets.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

Ref: 00288609

• 2.  Re: How do YOU update Workshift information for holidays, when Events are already under way, in SDM/ITSM?

Posted Jan 29, 2016 02:11 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

in our environment we have 8 unique workshifts, 5 of them have unique (local) holidays,

each workshift have business and non-business hours schedule,

so we have 16 workshifts in total.

Our HR provides actual schedule for the next year in October, so we have enough time to actualize our workshifts,

due to short events we haven't issue like this for the most objects except of Change Orders,

but for CO (and for other ticket type objects) we have configured custom workshifts and SLA controls,

so it's not a problem to recalculate all of them in moment via script.

My scripts works in this way:

- fetching all attached_events with non-empty workshifts, that will trigger after 01 Jan of the next year;

- calculating new fire time and matching it with existent fire time;

- if fire time differ (delta) is greater that 300 seconds, it attaches event with recalculate macro to specified object, which is considers object specifications;

Sorry that this post haven't any usefull information, only statistic

I have attached frg file but it have a lot of customized attributes and can be used only to build overall picture.

Regards,

cdtj

Attachment(s)

zip
    sla_chg.frg.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 3.  Re: How do YOU update Workshift information for holidays, when Events are already under way, in SDM/ITSM?

Posted Jan 31, 2016 10:49 PM

Thank you cdtj,

All information is useful - and direct feedback of world experience plus a custom script falls into "very useful."

I'll let my client know about your update. They're a dab hand at scripting.

Any other feedback from other sites is still appreciated.

Thanks, Kyle_R.