CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Report an Issue in USS

Posted May 23, 2015 02:39 PM

Hello,

In USS, we have "Report an Issue" which either can create Incident or Request. We would like to have both get created.

please suggest an idea, this is a really must requirement from our client.

We need a copy of "Report an Issue" and can be called "Report a request" some thing which creates a request.

/Sharath

• 2.  Re: Report an Issue in USS

Posted May 25, 2015 01:40 AM

Hi Sharath,

If the USS is integrated with both the SDM and Catalog, you can create request using "Report an issue" offering and create an Incident in SDM indirectly through a request in Catalog.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: Report an Issue in USS

Posted May 25, 2015 02:27 AM

Hi Naveen,

We can definitely do that, but the requirement is to have the box in the HOME page, instead under "Request a Service"

In the HOME page, we need both. In the files, I have called "report an issue" for Ask a question. And , when we click them, it will be the same offering ID for both Report an issue and Ask a Question. Is their a way from the back end I can hardcode the offering ID.

Thanks,

Sharath.M

• 4.  Re: Report an Issue in USS

Posted May 25, 2015 02:34 AM

Sharath,

I'm not sure if there is a way to harcode the offering ID. If anyone is aware of this, please reply to this thread.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 5.  Re: Report an Issue in USS

Posted Mar 28, 2017 10:15 PM

HI sharamateti,

Did you manage to customize your USS main page? I've similar requirement from my client.

Appreciate if you can share your findings.

• 6.  Re: Report an Issue in USS

Posted Mar 29, 2017 02:45 AM

Hi hizam

Nope, we could not able to get a solution but use used the home page "report an issue" to create an incident and under service catalog, created a service which creates a request in sdm.

/sharath

• 7.  Re: Report an Issue in USS

Posted Mar 29, 2017 03:02 AM

Thanks sharamateti for your reply,

How about "report an issue" wording? able to change ?

• 8.  Re: Report an Issue in USS

Posted Mar 29, 2017 08:01 AM

Hi,

Wording modifications will be consider customization with no support but can be done by modifying the corresponding Language-ext.properties files under the ...\front-office-hook\WEB-INF\classes\content\ folder.

Hope this help

/J

• 9.  Re: Report an Issue in USS

Posted Mar 30, 2017 03:45 AM

HI jmayer,

Thanks, Now I'm able to change the wording......