CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Approval via Email.

Posted Feb 18, 2016 06:22 PM

Hello Community,

There's a way that i can make an approval of a request in a ticket through an email?? Without having to enter to service desk.

I mean, that a email notificacion say to you, hey you need to approve this, and from the email you can do it.

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Approval via Email.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 19, 2016 02:48 AM

Hi Jason,

You may use mail-eater functionality. We use mail-eater for approval process in our company.

Example for Change Request

1. Screenshot: Change Requestor's Supervisor Approval notification message template

19-02-2016 09-37-53.jpg

2. Screenshot: Send to mail-eater mailbox approval reply message, User can't any change in body text message

19-02-2016 09-39-27.jpg

I hope it's your needs

Regards,

Türker

• 3.  Re: Approval via Email.

Posted Feb 19, 2016 02:56 AM

Also I added button  link attribute template below

<a style="border-color: rgb(98, 198, 93); padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(63, 171, 57);" href="mailto:mailbox@company.com?subject=CHGTSAO&amp;body=Lütfen e-mail başlığını ve içeriğini silmeyiniz. Açıklamanızı aşağıdaki %25LOG= ifadesinin sağ yanına yazınız!!! %0A%25LOG=%0A%25CHANGE_ID=@{change_id.chg_ref_num}%0A%25ZSUBSTATUS=Talep Sahibi Amiri Onayı Alındı%0A%25FLAG2=1%0A%0A" target="_blank">Onaylıyorum</a>

• 4.  Re: Approval via Email.

Posted Feb 26, 2016 07:21 AM

Hello birolturker,

This code that is related with the approve button, i have a question... his function is to send a mail with some parameters to the mail eater? How can you do that?

Another question i've is where is that "FLAG2" defined? In some DB field?

Regards.

• 5.  Re: Approval via Email.

Posted Feb 26, 2016 08:06 AM

Hi Jason,

This is the sample for change approval statement. Also same thing we use in request approval statement, but approval flag fields is custom field like zflag1, zflag2, etc.. Also you can define this custom fields in text_api.cfg file which is in $NX_root/site/ folder like this -> "REQUEST.ZFLAG1=zflag1.INTEGER"

FLAG2 is in the "chg" table, it is OOTB field. We use this flag field for Change Requestor's Supervisor approval flag.

first question answer is , this button links appears/shows reply message then you can click "Send" button to send to mail-eater mail box. <a href=> tag, we coded the reply message definitions only , mail to, mail subject, mail body

Firstly you can configure mailbox

screen1.jpg

Then you can define mailbox rule for approve and reject statement

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

I share the whole message template code for this examble in below;

Sayın @{change_id.requestor.supervisor_contact_uuid.first_name} @{change_id.requestor.supervisor_contact_uuid.last_name},

Aşağıda bilgileri yer alan değişiklik talebi için Talep Sahibi Amiri Onayı tarafınızca beklenmektedir. Onaylama işleme için lütfen Onaylıyorum linkine tıklayınız. Reddetme işlemi için lütfen Reddediyorum linkine tıklayınız.

Onaylıyorum

Reddediyorum

Değişiklik Numarası@{change_id.chg_ref_num}
    Talep Sahibi@{change_id.requestor.first_name} @{change_id.requestor.last_name}
    Kategorisi@{change_id.category.sym}
    Açıklaması@{change_id.description}
    Açılış Tarihi@{change_id.open_date}
    Atanan Grup@{change_id.group.last_name}

Bilginize sunar iyi çalışmalar dileriz.

Saygılarımızla,
    BS Değişiklik Yönetimi

Türkiye Finans Katılım Bankası A.Ş.

• 6.  Re: Approval via Email.

Posted Feb 26, 2016 08:50 AM

Get it kara, thanks a lot for the explanation.

But how it's the relation you have with that FLAG2 in the chg table? i assume that field needs to be related with a table so it can change the status.

Regards.

• 7.  Re: Approval via Email.

Posted Feb 26, 2016 10:27 AM

In text_api.cfg field I added below parameter in CHANGE section

"CHANGE.FLAG2=flag2.INTEGER" -> flag2 is the "chg" table field

mail-eater read this "%FLAG2=1" and mail-eater engine set to flag2 field to "1"

I don't releated any table for this field. If you can keep approval infos in another table you add custom field in request table with SREL to this custom table and also added custom approval status field which may type integer or bool

custom approval table like simple

id INTEGER

persistent_id STRING

approval_status INTEGER -> default "0"

releated_request_object SREL cr

when new request create this approval records is create via SPEL trigger metot or CA PAM process which you may chose

Example for mail-eater actions

Request Table -> zapproval_id SREL <customapprovaltablereleated id or persistent_id fields>

Request Table -> zapproval_status INTEGER

In text_api.cfg, you can define this field

REQUEST.ZAPPROVAL_ID=zapproval_id.INTEGER.lookup_customapprovaltable_by_id

REQUEST.ZAPPROVAL_STATUS=zapproval_status.INTEGER

when you send to approval mail approval reply mail body like this

%REQUEST_ID=@{call_req_id.ref_num}

%ZAPPROVAL_ID=<approval record id> which is pending approval -> approval_status = 0

%ZAPPROVAL_STATUS=1

then when mail eater update your request you may trigger some spel code like below algoritihm

1. query zapproval_id value in customapprovaltable and get the record

2. get approval_status value of record

3. if approval_status = 0 and zapproval_status = 1 then set approval_status "1"

4 else no take action

for rejection

3. if approval_status = 0 and zapproval_status = 2 then set approval_status "2"

4 else no take action

If CA SDM version 14.1 with cummaltive patch 2 you can desing approvals on Classic Workflow for Request

I hope, I can define what you need.

regards,

Türker

• 8.  Re: Approval via Email.

Posted Feb 23, 2016 08:21 AM

nicely made Kara.

On our side we use a PAM process for such approval parsing the email reply as this is giving more control allow reminder etc...