CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Service Desk Restarting

Posted Oct 07, 2015 05:21 PM

Has anyone had a issue where CA restarts while you are working.   It's not a lock up just a message that says it had to restart and you have to log back in.   You log in and it works.  We have a customer that is concerned because she is working and it wipes out her information.

Thanks
    Kris Barr

• 2.  Re: CA Service Desk Restarting

Posted Oct 07, 2015 05:28 PM

How long was she logged into the system when this happened?  web.cfg located in nxroot\bopcfg\www has a global Timeout value.  If the user has been logged in for the amount of time specified in Timeout value they can receive this message.

I remember seeing this frequently in our previous 12.7 environment, since upgrading to 14.1.01 the error message in question has not been noticed when the timeout has been reached.

• 3.  Re: CA Service Desk Restarting

Posted Oct 07, 2015 05:34 PM

I didn't think about that.   What if she was in actively in a Knowledge document creating it but not clicking save would it time out then?    I am wondering if she has the document open and it is taking her more than a hour to create and if all she is doing is copying or typing it may not know she is in it and then it times out.  Is that possible?

• 4.  Re: CA Service Desk Restarting

Posted Oct 07, 2015 09:52 PM

Hello Kris,

Sounds feasible. After all, when you're typing text into a Knowledge Document, you're not doing anything that sends information back to Service Desk Manager - you're just working in the browser. No heartbeat, as far as I know.

This should be easily testable if you give it a go. Log an issue with CA Support if verified, and let us know the outcome here.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 5.  Re: CA Service Desk Restarting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2015 10:31 PM

Hiya Kris,

Checkout this thread, https://communities.ca.com/message/241694181#241694181   where we had a similar discussion on some scenarios where one might see such error message.  Hope this helps.

_R

• 6.  Re: CA Service Desk Restarting

Posted Oct 09, 2015 06:04 PM

Hi Kris - Did the responses help answer your question? If so please mark Correct Answer as appropriate. Thanks! Chris

• 7.  Re: CA Service Desk Restarting

Posted Oct 09, 2015 06:20 PM

Hi Chris,

Not at this time.   It happened again today and she was only idle 7 minutes.  The are running detail logging on her machine because it is only happening to her.