CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Move 'property' fields of a ticket

Posted Jul 15, 2015 03:57 PM

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if anyone has ever tried to move the "property" fields of a ticket, putting them somewhere above on the screen, instead of being hidden on the tabs below. The question is, moving these fields is a bit challenging, because of Javascript code (when a specific category is selected, these fields change). And sometimes, these fields are important enough for putting them up (I know that making them required would solve this, but the issue is to make them more visible).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diogo

• 2.  Re: Move 'property' fields of a ticket

Posted Jul 16, 2015 04:28 AM

Hi,

in employee interface table with "tblProperties" id should be presented in any part of detail_* form, hidden or not,

in analyst interface properties loads into div with id "propertyDiv".

So I think that you can simply remove original properties inputs,

then create <table id="tblProperties"> for employee and <div id="propertyDiv"> for analyst and place them anywhere on form.

This should work otherwise you need to modify js to prevent property generating.

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Move 'property' fields of a ticket

Posted Jul 22, 2015 05:00 PM

Using the employee interface, I hadn't thought of that! (shame on me...) I will do some tests here and post the results here. Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Move 'property' fields of a ticket

Posted Jan 27, 2016 02:06 PM

Did that work for you?

J.W.

• 5.  Re: Move 'property' fields of a ticket

Posted Jan 28, 2016 03:06 AM

From that time I had implemented something like this in our env,

here is 2 screenshots how it looks in Read Mode and Edit Mode.

To achieve this I used xx_prop_include.htmpl which is includable version of xx_prop_tab,

form is universal and could be included in chg/iss/cr forms,

also I modified load_properties form, all above were attached to this post.

Notice: this is not ready solution because it may include customized methods like:

- lookup properties;

- date properties;

- russian traslation;

- other custom functions;

if you want use this method works, you should remove them.

Code to include tab:

<PDM_INCLUDE FILE=xx_prop_include.htmpl z_cols=0 z_factory=$args.producer_id>

If someone interested in this, I'll try to make normal instruction how to implement this.

Attachment(s)

zip
    prop.zip   7 KB 1 version

• 6.  Re: Move 'property' fields of a ticket

Posted Jan 28, 2016 09:51 AM

Thank you.  Yes, this is a common request for customization when having the Properties displayed 'at first glance' is more important than trying to limit the vertical scroll on the detail form through the use of nested tabs.

J.W.