CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Increasing SDM Page Loading Time ? What Contributes To Delay ?

Posted Jan 15, 2015 05:08 PM

Hello,

We are running a single primary SDM 12.9 server and do not use any extra components. During peak hours I would say SDM is our slowest intranet page to load, and I am looking for suggestions on how to improve its speed. SDM is hosted on a Windows 2012 server and uses remote Microsoft SQL 2012 mdb on another Windows 2012 server. Our client machines have either Internet Explorer 9 or 12 installed.

Our configuration type is "Tomcat and IIS http Server (default)", IIS logging is turned off, we use Windows Authentication and SDM runs on the default port 80. We do have a lot of scoreboard queries but all are contained within folders and only appear once a folder is expanded by a user.

Any external links to SDM including notifications sent by the system, create a new session when clicked even when SDM is already open. This seems to slow things down further.

Any suggestions out there on increasing SDM web speed performance ?

Thanks

Stuart

1.png

2.png3.png

• 2.  Re: Increasing SDM Page Loading Time ? What Contributes To Delay ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2015 03:14 PM

Stuart,

You mention you are using a single Service Desk server, how many users are there during peak usage?

One thing to do would be to run the command "pdm_webstat" on the server from a command prompt during the peak usage to see how many people are connecting (please note, if you have Interval logging enabled for "Web Session Count" this information can be logged automatically every few minutes).

I'd also wonder if perhaps it's not so much the number of sessions that is causing the problem, but perhaps the database queries are getting backlogged and therefore creating a large queue, and slowing down the system. You may also want to run the command "pdm_vdbinfo" during the same time and see how many "Num Requests Pending" you have, and if the number remains high for a long period of time that may indicate an issue. (note, this too can be configured via Interval logging to log the info automatically every few minute as "Virtual DB Info").

Just as a total guess I'd say you may be hitting a resource issue where the webengine is getting loaded with too many sessions or an alternate theory the database agents are being overwhelmed with queries and being backlogged.

• 3.  Re: Increasing SDM Page Loading Time ? What Contributes To Delay ?

Posted Jan 18, 2015 11:50 PM

Hi Stuart,

In addition to what Alex had mentioned, below post would help you to address performance issues with the SDM:

https://communities.ca.com/message/101236756#101236756

Thanks,

Naveen

• 4.  Re: Increasing SDM Page Loading Time ? What Contributes To Delay ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2015 12:24 AM

Hello Stuart,

I suggest to check the Intervall losging Output (active OotB) and the pulist Output files.

This will show the bottleneck Happen.

You may open a Support Vase to get more hel

Ferdinand