CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Notifications when ticket changed by other than assignee (or outside group)

Posted Aug 11, 2014 03:14 PM

We have two related requests for functionality:

1. If a ticket is updated outside the assignee or group, notify the assignee or group.  That is
      1. a ticket has an assignee.  If ANYONE OTHER THAN THE Assignee updates the ticket in any way, the Assignee should be notified
      2. a ticket has only a group (all our tickets are required to have groups).  If anyone OUTSIDE THE group (not a member) updates the ticket, notify the group.
    2. Related,  prevent a ticket from being updated if a person is not a member of the group.  I think this one is actually more complex and could introduce issues.  For example, what if the AEU (Affected End User) adds a comment?  Where do the exceptions end?

• 2.  Re: Notifications when ticket changed by other than assignee (or outside group)

Posted Aug 15, 2014 07:37 PM

Hi All,

Any input here for Sam?

Thanks!

Chris

• 3.  Re: Notifications when ticket changed by other than assignee (or outside group)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2014 05:58 PM

Hello Sam,

I have not considered the implications/details, but it does seem like something that we should be able to achieve by Notification Rules / Conditions   with some intelligent conditions maybe?

_R

• 4.  Re: Notifications when ticket changed by other than assignee (or outside group)

Posted Sep 20, 2016 09:41 AM

I want to achieve this as well. I tried to contact CA support and they said I should look in Communities. Does anyone has an answer?

• 5.  Re: Notifications when ticket changed by other than assignee (or outside group)

Posted Sep 22, 2016 01:11 AM

Hello Pavel,

I suggest you raise a new post and cross-link to this one.

1) People are more likely to see a new post, rather than an update against one two years old.

2) You can spell your requirements out a bit more, which are unlikely to be the same as the original poster here, who almost certainly could only achieve the detailed parts of the requirements by writing custom SPL code triggers. 

Thanks, Kyle_R.