CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  assign values onload to a lookup field on catalog

Posted May 24, 2016 05:46 AM

Hi Guys

Does anyone have an example of how I can assign values to a lookup field onload using JavaScript?

This is how I would code this using HTML & javascript, if my lookup field id was FirstName.

document.getElementById("FirstName").value = x;

Thanks

Sivu

• 2.  Re: assign values onload to a lookup field on catalog

Posted May 24, 2016 09:27 AM

lookup controls are populated by using the JavaScript attribute named onLookup. Use the pre-defined JavaScript function ca_fdDoFieldLookup(fieldId,reportId) where reportId is the name of a Report Data object you creted in Report Builder (under the Administration tab).

• 3.  Re: assign values onload to a lookup field on catalog

Posted May 24, 2016 09:40 AM

Thanks Linday, is there a way of populating a value on a lookup field before the use clicks the lookup field to trigger the onlookup method or typing a default value on the value property on the lookup field.

The reason I want to do this is, we have a standard where we include the cost center nomber on our location name, I want to extract the cost center on the loaction name and populate it on a lookup field if the user want to update the cost center

on this location they would click it and select a different cost center, if it is correct, the would just leave the value and update other fields.

So I want to populate my lookup field onLoad and not onlookup.

Thanks again Lindsay, I hope this makes sence now.

• 4.  Re: assign values onload to a lookup field on catalog

Posted May 24, 2016 10:28 AM

Hi Sivuyile,

I don't have an easy answer for you as this falls into the "How do I made the tool work the way I wish it would work instead of the way it was designed to work?" realm. In your standard you have re-purposed Location Name into a combo Location/CostCenter Name where Location has a specific Cost Center except in some Requests where it differs.

Here is how I might approach this:

Add another lookup control on your form (perhaps named "Cost Center Override" that could use a report data object accessing the ca_resource_cost_center table.

• 5.  Re: assign values onload to a lookup field on catalog
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2016 11:22 AM

You can set and get value from a lookup with the ca_fdGet and ca_fdSetTextFieldValue

So : ca_fdSetTextFieldValue(formId, "lkp_1", "toto"); wirtes toto in the lkp_1 lookup.

Replace "toto" with the cost center, returned from a ca_reportQuery.

• 6.  Re: assign values onload to a lookup field on catalog

Posted May 26, 2016 06:18 AM

Possq advice worked for me, Do you perhaps know how can do the same this for a select field. Thanks Guys

• 7.  Re: assign values onload to a lookup field on catalog

Posted May 26, 2016 08:33 AM

You cannot set a value to a select field.

You need to Select an options in it using :

ca_fdSelectOption(formId, _id, name, value)

or

ca_fdSelectOptionByIndex(formId, _id, index).

Before selecting a value you need to fetch the data.

There's 2 way.

ca_fdFetchSelectData(formId, _id)

Or

Set the Select field attribute "Eager" to true. It will load the data when the form load instead of when a user click on it.