CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Hyperlink on CABI report dosent work properly with Chrome

Posted Oct 20, 2015 08:45 AM

Hi All,

We have 12.9 setup in place. recently we have migrated from IE to Chrome i.e. whenever user opens SD link it will force to open in Chrome instead of IE.

After migration we have observed that CA SD links present on CABI reports not working properly e.g.  whenever trying to click on hyperlink(Ticket Number#) which is present on CABI Report, its not opening properly. this was not case earlier when we were with IE. please let me know if anyone having any solution on this.

We are using CA service desk manager 12.9 & CABI 4

• 2.  Re: Hyperlink on CABI report dosent work properly with Chrome

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2015 02:22 PM

Hi Priyanka,

12.9 was not certified with CABI 4.x.    12.x releases of SDM only work with CABI 3.x    and 14.x release works with CABI 4.x

In newer service packs of CABI 3.x, we do have support for Chrome, so I would think hyperlinks would work fine.  I’m wondering if this is somehow a service pack related.

Windows -> control panel -> programs and features =>  see what release of CABI is in question, is this CABI 3.x  or 4.x?

1)    For CABI 4.x,  it should show the SP level with in here

2)    If it is CABI 3.x, you could get more details on the service pack by:  start -> programs -> business objects xi -> software inventory tool.  Once it launches it shows the exact SP installed.

_R

• 3.  Re: Hyperlink on CABI report dosent work properly with Chrome

Posted Oct 21, 2015 09:31 AM

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the reply. We have CABI 4.0 with SP4. Kindly suggest.

CABI.jpg

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka

• 4.  Re: Hyperlink on CABI report dosent work properly with Chrome

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 09:55 AM

Hi Priyanka,

This might be very tricky. CA did not distribute BOXI 4.0 with any releases of SDM.  Looks like this maybe an install that you already had unrelated to CABI (the CA version of Business Intelligence),

So I looked at the compatibility matrix for SP4  and I'm not sure if Chrome is fully supported.

40.jpg

Maybe a newer SP  of 4.0 would help, but again, we're not in a position provide any SPs on this release as we never shipped it out from our end.  We only support BOXI 3.x  (CABI 3.x) releases with SDM 12.x   and  BOXI 4.1  (CABI 4.1)  releases with SDM 14.x.

My suggestion would be to raise a case with SAP via your normal channels and request them for an approach.  My best guess is that a newer SP of 4.0  would be recommended to you.

_R

• 5.  Re: Hyperlink on CABI report dosent work properly with Chrome

Posted Oct 21, 2015 10:11 AM

Thanks Raghu.

We have Windows 7 and Chrome version 43.0.2357.134 m. From the matrix you shared, it looks like the browser and OS are supported.

The issue is that the Ticket number hyperlink redirects to SDM home page instead of opening the ticket directly.

Regards,

Priyanka

• 6.  Re: Hyperlink on CABI report dosent work properly with Chrome

Posted Oct 21, 2015 10:19 AM

HI Raghu,

The link works when I copy from the excel and paste in Chrome, it works fine. But clicking on the ticket number in Excel does not open ticket page directly.

Thanks.

• 7.  Re: Hyperlink on CABI report dosent work properly with Chrome

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 10:26 AM

I still think it boils down to JRE/Chrome supportability.  The matrix makes me believe that SP6 or SP7 have formal Chrome Support for Web intelligence.

But maybe what you are facing is nothing to do with BOXI.   If you are able to view a URL like this via Chrome (to get to a ticket details), I’d think it would work where ever the link is - http://SDMHostName:80/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=SEARCHFACTORY=crSKIPLIST=1+QBE.EQ.id=410819    (this is the type of URL you would get in BOXI report, using WEB URL   object dragged into the report).

Maybe that’s the aspect we need to look at?

_R

• 8.  Re: Hyperlink on CABI report dosent work properly with Chrome

Posted Oct 21, 2015 10:38 AM

Yes you are correct.. Can you check if you can guide me on this.

• 9.  Re: Hyperlink on CABI report dosent work properly with Chrome

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 01:02 PM

Hi Priyanka,

So at the moment this is basically an issue with:

1)    an Excel document with a hyperlink to an SDM ticket detail page,

2)    it works in IE but not in Chrome

3)    SDM 12.9

Excel based hyperlinks are known to behave slightly differently depending on Single Sign on / external authentication tools are being protected.

Below might help a bit more

1)    The URL in question, is this an IIS or Tomcat URL of SDM?

2)    What type of authentication is in question (some single sign on,   example IIS’s windows auth or WAFFLE on Tomcat, or  Siteminder?)

3)    The version of Excel

4)    Are there any load balancers etc., in question?

I did some basic tests on this using a report saved as Excel and had no trouble getting to ticket details screen when clicking on the XLS record  which launched Chrome browser automatically.   Push comes to shove,  as this is narrowed further around this area, a support case may not be a bad idea too.

_R