CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Spel Documentation

Posted Mar 08, 2015 06:55 PM

Hi Guys!

Someone have the spel documetation? Principally about comand sendwait()?

Tks,

• 2.  Re: Spel Documentation

Posted Mar 09, 2015 08:26 AM

Hi Jorge,

There's no official documentation about Spel, but you can find some explanations here: http://www.servicedeskusers.com/Spel_Reference_Guide

• 3.  Re: Spel Documentation

Posted Mar 11, 2015 07:41 AM

Hi Mattes,

Thanks for help.

But I know this site. But some functions only adm can see the information.

Im waiting the complete document about sendwait().

tks

• 4.  Re: Spel Documentation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2015 06:07 AM

Hi Jorge,

What you are asking for simply does not exist, and the link above is the best resource one can benefit. Since Spel customizations are not favored (let alone being supported) officially, I don't think CA's going to provide such documentation.

• 5.  Re: Spel Documentation

Posted Mar 17, 2015 08:41 PM

Ok. What is problem that i try? Because I used Spel for some activities.... But tks for information...

• 6.  Re: Spel Documentation

Posted Mar 17, 2015 02:24 PM

send_wait is a complex one in the sense that it basically allows you to call multiple functions and depending on the one you pick more or fewer parameters are required.

Some examples (since no official documentation from CA exists I'll try to give you my own understanding of these based on experience):

send_wait(0, this, "get_attr_vals", 1, "requestor.zprimary_group");

-> gets the value of the requestor's zprimary_group attribute (assuming that the "this" instance has one)

send_wait(0, this, "call_attr", "group", "set_val", z_grp, "SURE_SET"); 

-> forces the setting of the group attributes to the value contained within the z_grp variable

send_wait(0, top_object(), "get_co_group");

-> get a "group leader"

send_wait(0, group_leader, "checkin");

-> check in any changes made to the object contained by the "group leader"

There are many more functions that you can call with send_wait. From my understanding send_wait basically executes the call to a function, then waits for some time for feedback (or not) depending on the first parameter. The 3rd parameter is the function you call. Parameters 4 and later are depending on the function you call.

Once the send_wait has been executed you can retrieve the result in msg[0]

e.g.

send_wait(0, top_object(), "get_co_group");

object thegroupleader;

thegroupleader = msg[0];

The trick now is to get to know as many functions as possible, what arguments they take, and understand how they work without any real documentation being available... be careful, especially once you start moving into checking out records, creating new ones or even deleting things things might go seriously wrong. Of course CA will not support you with this.

• 7.  Re: Spel Documentation

Posted Mar 17, 2015 08:54 PM

I like it your information! I'll try to understand this function. I have some documents that my friends delivery for me.