While installing the CA Client Automation, And configuring to CA MDB databse.
Getting below error :-
Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".
Kindly help in fixing this.
Is the database local or remote? What database type is it (SQL, Oracle) and version?
If MS SQL, is it a default or named instance?
Have you tried connecting to this database from the server where Client Automation is being installed and was the connection successful? Does the logged in user (Windows user) have access to that database?
CA Client Automation 12.9 - Domain Installation guide
Pls ensure that the client protocols are enabled within the SQL Server Network Configuration. Moving this thread to CA Client Automation
I would check and ensure that the following is true
1. verify that you are running setup.exe as a Windows account that is a member of the local administrators group specfically listed and not inheriting from domain admins.
2. make sure this account has SYSADMIN role defined to it in SQL Management Studio under Security, Server Roles , Sysadmin if the account isn't there add it.
3. If using a remote mdb please make sure you have SQL connectivity via SQL Management Studio.
4. Are you using the default instance of SQL on this server ? what port are you using ? is it 1433 ?
How did you define the connection in the setup gui when you were prompted for this information, can you place as screenshot of this here so we can see that.
5. take a look at the %TEMP% directory and see what errors are occurring in trc_inst2.log and install_mdb.log which should be in the
6. If this is an upgrade or a shared mdb please make sure all SQL connections are stopped by issuing caf stop on domain manager and Enterprise manager if applicable and stop all other CA Products processes that may be connecting to mdb.
Thanks and hope this is helpful.