CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  I need to create a time measurement report in SDM for all the requests monthly

Posted Jun 17, 2015 05:54 PM

Hi,

My name is Angel Mejia, I´m from Mexico City and in my company we need to generate monthly a new custom report that has, and must get the below information:

We have since the beginning:
      - Opening date of the request
      - Closing date of the request
      - SLA time limit for the request

We need to get a custom report with:
      - Total time since opening to closing of the request
      - Total non-operating time (elapsed time in non-operating hours)
      - Total operating time (elapsed time in working hours)
      - Total timeout (elapsed time after reaching the SLA time limit)
      - Additional equipment change time (Time awarded  to "SLA time limit" when the custom field "Requires equipment change" is changed to: Yes)
      - Custom field that defines whether the ticket must be penalized or not due to timeouts (Once the SLA time limit was reached ,if exists more elapsed time, the ticket will be penalized, unless the custom field "Requires equipment change" is changed to: Yes, the ticket is not penalized)

I hope that anybody can help me with this custom report into SDM.

Thank you so much for your attention.

Greetings.

• 2.  Re: I need to create a time measurement report in SDM for all the requests monthly

Posted Jun 17, 2015 11:00 PM

Hi Angel,

I'm using the version of CA Business Intelligence bundled with SDM 12.9. The CA Service Desk universe has the objects "Days Open" & "Time Spent Sum" within "Request\Request Detail". You may have to format these within your Web Intelligence report to suit your needs. Do you have a derived CA Service Desk universe with your custom fields present ?

Regards

Stuart

• 3.  Re: I need to create a time measurement report in SDM for all the requests monthly

Posted Dec 07, 2015 02:57 PM

Hi Stuart

Does "Time Spent SUM" sums the time the ticket was on Edition Mode or all the SLA time spent on the ticket since it was open till resolution?

If it's the 1st one Is there any way to SUM all the time spent on SLA?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: I need to create a time measurement report in SDM for all the requests monthly

Posted Dec 07, 2015 04:00 PM

Hi Alsea,

You can see what 'Time Spent - Sum' represents by opening the CA Service Desk universe via Designer, expanding the object and viewing its properties.

It shows the total time, when the ticket was in edit mode plus the time spent entries in the Activity Log. I'm not sure how you would go about measuring this against when the SLA breached, hopefully someone else can advise?

Kind regards

Stuart

post2.png

• 5.  Re: I need to create a time measurement report in SDM for all the requests monthly

Posted Dec 07, 2015 05:59 PM

Thank you