CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

When searching for documents in SDM Knowledge Management,  I need to search by keywords that contains national characters. I belive that it is a parse setting, but I cannot remember the exact syntax.

• 1.  When searching for documents in SDM Knowledge Management,  I need to search by keywords that contains national characters. I belive that it is a parse setting, but I cannot remember the exact syntax.

Posted Nov 05, 2014 08:53 AM

When searching for documents in SDM Knowledge Management,  I need to search by keywords that contains national characters. I belive that it is a parse setting, but I cannot remember the exact syntax.

• 2.  Re: When searching for documents in SDM Knowledge Management,  I need to search by keywords that contains national characters. I belive that it is a parse setting, but I cannot remember the exact syntax.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2014 03:23 PM

Have you added the national characters to the Valid Character Range in ADMINISTRATION-KNOWLEDGE-SEARCH-PARSE SETTINGS?

• 3.  Re: When searching for documents in SDM Knowledge Management,  I need to search by keywords that contains national characters. I belive that it is a parse setting, but I cannot remember the exact syntax.

Posted Nov 06, 2014 09:02 AM

Yes - I agree that is where we can configure the Parse Settings, but I am looking for the proper syntax, when using Danish characters.

• 4.  Re: When searching for documents in SDM Knowledge Management,  I need to search by keywords that contains national characters. I belive that it is a parse setting, but I cannot remember the exact syntax.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2014 12:07 PM

On the PARSE SETTINGS window, you can select HELP ON THIS WINDOW and there will be examples for the valid character range for different languages.

• 5.  Re: When searching for documents in SDM Knowledge Management,  I need to search by keywords that contains national characters. I belive that it is a parse setting, but I cannot remember the exact syntax.
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 07, 2014 12:56 AM

Thanks al lot Paul.

I managed to figure out the special character syntax (for Danish). To resolve my issue I did the following:

1. Defined the "Valid Character Range" as: a-zæøåÆØÅ
    2. Restarted the SDM Service
    3. Ran pdm_k_reindex

And voila - it works