CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA Support Automation Configuration with Advanced Availability

• 1.  CA Support Automation Configuration with Advanced Availability

Posted Jun 11, 2015 09:25 AM

I am setting up CA Service Desk Manager 14.1 using the Advanced Availability Configuration.  I chose the option to setup Support Automation on the (Main) Background server and the Standby server.  My question is, when I go to configure this in CA Service Desk Manager through the Options Manager, I'm only given the option to chose a single URL on the setup.  What happens if the Background server goes down?  Is the Support Automation feature then unavailable?  Is there a different way this should be getting configured in an Advanced Availability environment?

I appreciate any input.

• 2.  Re: CA Support Automation Configuration with Advanced Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2015 11:42 AM

Kenneth,

You have the "Main" SA server configured on the Background Server called "BGServer" and configured on Standby Server called "SBServer".

Instead of pointing the url to a either server specifically you have an outside redirect configuration  set up on a load balancer, let's say the redirect DNS was "SAServer". "SAServer" would need to be set up to redirect to whichever is the current Background server, and then you'd specify the "SAServer" url in the Options Manager.