CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  User Profile more attributes

Posted Nov 05, 2014 01:34 PM

In Service Catalog (r12.9), in the User Profile you can see attributes from the ca_contact table like User ID, Primary Phone, Fax Number, Address (based on location).

Has anyone modified this to also show additional attributes from ca_contact like alternate_identifier or room_location?

• 2.  Re: User Profile more attributes

Posted Nov 07, 2014 01:51 PM

Hi All - Anyone have something they can share with Lindsay? Thanks! Chris

Lindsay Estabrooks wrote:

In Service Catalog (r12.9), in the User Profile you can see attributes from the ca_contact table like User ID, Primary Phone, Fax Number, Address (based on location).

Has anyone modified this to also show additional attributes from ca_contact like alternate_identifier or room_location?

• 3.  Re: User Profile more attributes

Posted Dec 01, 2014 12:36 PM

Lindsay,

Did you find a way to do this?

• 4.  Re: User Profile more attributes

Posted Dec 05, 2014 04:51 PM

No success yet. My investigation has led me to look at userdetails.xsl and the following lines:

<td class="fieldlabel" nowrap="true"><xsl:value-of select="$xslcontent/mobile_phone"/>&#xa0;</td>  
       <td class="fieldvalue"><xsl:value-of select="COLLECTION/icuser/mobile" />&#xa0;</td>  

I just don't know yet where "COLLECTION" comes from so that I can modify it.

• 5.  Re: User Profile more attributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2014 05:21 AM

Hi Lindsay,

It's coming from the java code and it requires code change to get those values.

If your need is to have some extra fields for user object, you can think of using custom attributes provided by the catalog. Updating the custom.xml ( view/webapps/usm/locale/icusen/custom.xml ) will show up those custom fileds in all the user related pages.

Thanks,

Tempo Rao.

• 6.  Re: User Profile more attributes

Posted Dec 09, 2014 10:16 AM

Hi Tempo Rao,

The custom.xml only references the attributes 'data1' through 'data7' in the table usm_contact_extension.

Cheers,

Lindsay