CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Posted Aug 03, 2015 11:28 AM

When using GRLoader 12.9 to load data from an XML file to TWA I get zero errors.  But when loading from TWA to MDB the command prompt results indicate 115 errors for CI’s and 63 errors for relationships.  The error log file (using trace_level -5 and -10) does not list any errors.  How can I find out what these errors are in order to better understand the system or correct them?

I read in a prior post to specify the error log in the command prompt but the “-e XML_err_file” switch will not work going from TWA to MDB.

There were no errors listed in the CI_TWA_CI and CI_TWA_RELATION tables and the transaction statuses were all set to “2” (successful).

Please advise.

GRLoader_20150731v2_MDB_CMDPrompt.jpg

GRLoader_20150731v2_TWA_CMDPrompt.jpg

• 2.  Re: GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Posted Aug 04, 2015 06:23 AM

The following link might be helpful:

Data Error Handling - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Wiki

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Posted Aug 04, 2015 10:43 AM

Hi Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Regarding the information in the link....

"If GRLoader finds errors, the failing CI or Relation node writes to an error file. We recommend that you edit the XML file to correct the problem, and then run GRLoader against the edited file."

1. The error file I receive does not indicate errors, only the result message on the command prompt.  Without knowing specifically, I hesitate to edit the XML input file (CI's 180 errors).  I attribute the 63 relationship errors to "Relationship was updated after the transaction was entered (tran_dt)".

"The -e parameter lets you name the error file."

2.  Apparently this is only while loading to TWA.  The only errors I get when loading to TWA are the relationship errors which is understandable.  When using the -e switch to load to MDB in the command prompt a system error message is returned:  Output error file(-e) cannot be specified when loading from the twa.  Please correct the error above and rerun.

"If you use filename.xls, filename.xlsx, filename.xml, or filename.csv as the input source, filename_err.xml becomes the error destination."

3. I am not receiving an _err.XML when going from twa to MDB.

The data and relationships load into MDB and are as expected.  I am reclutant to move forward without knowing what errors are occurring.

Any ideas?

• 4.  Re: GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2015 02:15 PM

Does the grloader.log files themselves (in the Service Desk log directory) have anything of note?

• 5.  Re: GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2015 03:05 PM

Hello CMDBGuy,

Is this still an item that needs further assistance?  If so, would you be able to get the grloader.log file that Alex was asking about earlier?

Thx

_R

• 6.  Re: GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Posted Aug 19, 2015 03:14 PM

Yes, I have a copy of the GRLoader log.  The error log file (using trace_level -5 and -10) does not list any errors.  That is, not using the word "error".  After reviewing the logs line by line the only mention of "error" is the column heading of the results display.

• 7.  Re: GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Posted Aug 19, 2015 03:09 PM

The error log file (using trace_level -5 and -10) does not list any errors.

• 8.  Re: GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Posted Aug 19, 2015 08:44 PM

Hi Martin,

Pls attach the grloader.log file by replying to this thread for the review.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 9.  Re: GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Posted Aug 28, 2015 12:44 PM

I wish I could. The log contains Server - DBMS - and database names for our organization which prevents me from sharing.  If the log was not so lengthy I would be able to edit names.  Are there codes other than the work "ERROR" that I should be looking for?

• 10.  Re: GRLoader 12.9 indicates errors but nothing in log

Posted Sep 06, 2015 11:29 PM

Hi Martin,

You may look for the ERROR, remove the name of the DB, hostname and credentials if any, and then post the actual error. If it is not feasible, I would suggest you open support ticket for further review.

Thanks,

Naveen