CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Close All Children option

Posted Aug 28, 2014 01:45 AM

Hi All,

We are on SDM r12.7.

I would like to know if there is an option to change status of tickets to Resolved than Closed when Close_All_Children option is selected from a parent ticket.

I looked into the code and found that it uses an operator CLOSE_ALL_CHILD present in op_table.cfg.

But I am not sure if I can overwrite it.

Please help.

Thanks,

Kavya

• 2.  Re: Close All Children option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2014 05:32 PM

Kavya, it looks like you can do that by a custom op_*.cfg file in \site\mods\www folder. However, I tried and couldn't see

any effects of the changes at all. Maybe you can open a Support issue for that. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Close All Children option
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2014 08:11 AM

You would need to write a custom spel-code to for this. These kind of requests are out of scope for support. Best would be to contact CA Services to write the customization for you

Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Close All Children option

Posted Sep 04, 2014 10:27 PM

Hi

I think it may be worth requesting this as an enhancement.  The ability to "resolve all children" rather than "close all children" has benefits, or maybe have an option to do both.  Our Service Desk environment is configured to not allow reopening of closed tickets.  The option to dispute the status of a ticket is at resolved and is the mechanism used to update the customer rather than at closed.  The close all children bypasses the resolved process and requires closed activity notifications to have conditions to release notifications when the resolved status is bypassed. 

While the closed notification is achievable has anyone got a suggestion on how to set the remarks field  to Required on the "close all children" action.  Including remarks in the activity notification would be useful, out of the box the analyst can bypass entering a remark.