Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

• 1.  Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2015 02:44 PM

How to modify the "Report an Issue" text  in Unified Self Service 14.1

• 2.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Posted Jan 13, 2015 11:19 AM

Hi,

my guess would be that this text is the name of the "Report an Issue" service inside CA Service Catalog. Try changing it there. Note: this is just a guess, I have not actually tested this myself.

• 3.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 08:35 AM

HI, I tried changing it through Service Catalog but it is appearing in read only. Any Idea how to change in Service Catalog. I was trying with spadmin user with full rights. Attached is the screenshotReportIssue_Image.png

Thanks,

Mohit

• 4.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 08:50 AM

Mohit -

As this is out of the box content, you will need to make your own copy to modify the service. You would then update the USS settings to point to the new version of the service offering.

I am not sure that you can change the "Report an Issue" label that appears within USS though.

Carol

• 5.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 02:39 PM

thanks carol for the reply. can you let me know how to point the New service into USS

• 6.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 02:46 PM

Here is a link to the section of the wiki that talks to configuring this part of USS (see default request offering id).

How to Configure the CA Service Catalog Data Source - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Wiki

• 7.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2015 03:44 AM

Thanks Carol. I can see the offering ID. but my point is how to edit through CA Service Catalog. As I am trying to edit from CA Service Catalog but not able to edit the name of the offering as it is grayed out. I am using the spadmin login.

• 8.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2015 07:45 AM

You won't be able to edit out of the box Catalog content. You can create your own version of the service with whatever name you want.

However, I don't think you will see that name show up on the main USS screen - if that is what your goal is. I have configured USS to have the Default Request Offering ID point to a completely different service offering, but the main USS screen still shows "Report an Issue".

• 9.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Posted Jan 23, 2015 09:37 AM

The lack of customization ability in USS is worrisome... We hope CA will address this in a future release too. (e.g. ability to mange the layout and pages, add extra links in the menu, allow us to translate the page into more languages etc etc).

• 10.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Posted Feb 11, 2015 07:25 AM

Hello,

You can do the translation for specific language that USS does not have.

Here are the steps,

- You need to get one of the Language_LANGCODE.properties and Language-ext_LANGCODE.properties under path C:\Program Files\CA\Self Service\OSOP\tomcat-7.0.40\webapps\front-office-hook\WEB-INF\classes\content . For example get the Language_en.properties and Language-ext.properties to translate it to your local language from English.

- Translate these files and save as Language_LOCLANGCODE.properties and Language-ext_LOCLANGCODE in same directory. For example Language_tr.properties and Language-ext_tr.properties

-Add following lines in liferay-hook.xml which located in C:\Program Files\CA\Self Service\OSOP\tomcat-7.0.40\webapps\front-office-hook\WEB-INF

<language-properties>content/Language-ext_LOCLANGCODE.properties</language-properties>

<language-properties>content/Language_LOCLANGCODE.properties</language-properties>

-Find the "# supported locale" string and add the Local Language Code on "tr_TR" format in portal-ext.properties which located under C:\Program Files\CA\Self Service\OSOP

Here is the example : locales=de_DE,es_ES,fr_FR,it_IT,ja_JP,pt_BR,zh_CN,en_US,fi_FI,nl_NL,sv_SV,da_DA,tr_TR

That will do the translation.

Here you may find the screenshots in my local language.

2015-02-11_14-21-49.png2015-02-11_14-22-24.png

I am also working on customizing the form in USS. I will let you know if I succeed or not.

Thanks and Regards,

Cihan,

• 11.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2015 08:27 AM

Thanks Cihan for your response

Mohit

• 12.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Posted May 01, 2015 07:19 AM

Hi Cihan,

We are now implementing USS in our environment, we are very new to the interface and we would like to customize the USS pages like you have done in above screen shots.( we don't want language to be changed )

Could you Please suggest us from where we need to start to customize the pages ?

it will be great help for us we are trying since more than 1 week and we could able to do only small changes..

Thank you,

Regards,

santoshi.P

• 13.  Re: Unified Self Service 14.1 Modification

Posted Feb 20, 2017 06:42 PM

Good contribution thanks