CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to make the createAttachment webservice method work in Visual Studio 2010

Posted Aug 14, 2014 12:56 AM

We are using visual studio 2010.

When the createAttachment webservice method is executed, we get the following error:

Error - could not perform the operation, policy limit exceeded

I have read some threads regarding usage of WSE. But that is not working in VS 2010.

Experts, please guide!

• 2.  Re: How to make the createAttachment webservice method work in Visual Studio 2010

Posted Aug 15, 2014 07:40 PM

Hi All,

Any ideas here for Chirag?

Thanks!

Chris

• 3.  Re: How to make the createAttachment webservice method work in Visual Studio 2010

Posted Aug 18, 2014 03:20 AM

The SDM createAttachment call is using DIME to add the attachment, however Microsoft WSE (starting from 3.0) does not support this method of transferring binary data anymore. The error you receive is because of the missing DIME structure in the SOAP call.

See c# - How can I use DIME with WSE 3.0? - Stack Overflow for someone with a similar problem. The solution would be to either try to use WSE 2.0 in your project or to use another .net component that supports DIME (I'm not aware of any 3rd part library that could do that, but I haven't searched for something like this).

• 4.  Re: How to make the createAttachment webservice method work in Visual Studio 2010
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 23, 2014 04:34 AM

Extensive search led me to a post where I found a very simple solution to this.

Installing WSE 2.0 or WSE 3.0 did not help.

Adding reference to Microsoft.web.services2.dll did the trick.

After adding this dll you can use DIME and implement attachments successfully!!

• 5.  Re: How to make the createAttachment webservice method work in Visual Studio 2010

Posted Aug 23, 2014 07:06 AM

Thanks Chirag for letting us know!