CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

URL to display open tickets for my location

• 1.  URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Nov 06, 2014 05:34 PM

Hi everyone,

This is the URL to display open tickets that are assigned to a particular group:

http://cor089a114/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=SEARCH+SKIPLIST=0+FACTORY=cr+QBE.EQ.active=1+QBE.EQ.group.last_name=Service%20Desk-Cleveland

I'm trying to figure out the syntax for a URL to display open tickets that have an affected customer with the same location that I have. 

I've tried this ---

http://cor089a114/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=SEARCH+SKIPLIST=0+FACTORY=cr+QBE.EQ.active=1+QBE.EQ.customer.location=@cnt.location

But I get this error:

AHD03053:Bad where clause: Parse error at : "active = 1 AND customer.location = U'@cnt.location'" (Bad where clause) (active = 1 AND customer.location = U'@cnt.location')

Anyone know the right syntax for this?

Thanks,

Tammy

• 2.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Nov 10, 2014 01:17 PM

Hi All - Any ideas here for Tammy? Thanks! Chris

Tammy Zadell wrote:

Hi everyone,

This is the URL to display open tickets that are assigned to a particular group:

http://cor089a114/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=SEARCH+SKIPLIST=0+FACTORY=cr+QBE.EQ.active=1+QBE.EQ.group.last_name=Service%20Desk-Cleveland

I'm trying to figure out the syntax for a URL to display open tickets that have an affected customer with the same location that I have.

I've tried this ---

http://cor089a114/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=SEARCH+SKIPLIST=0+FACTORY=cr+QBE.EQ.active=1+QBE.EQ.customer.location=@cnt.location

But I get this error:

AHD03053:Bad where clause: Parse error at : "active = 1 AND customer.location = U'@cnt.location'" (Bad where clause) (active = 1 AND customer.location = U'@cnt.location')

Anyone know the right syntax for this?

Thanks,

Tammy

• 3.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Nov 11, 2014 04:29 AM

Why do you need to use the specific URLs rather than relying on the Scoreboard nodes?

• 4.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Nov 11, 2014 06:09 AM

Hi Brian,

Because there is no O-O-T-B dashboard functionality in the system.  We have teams that like to use these URLS on monitors as a way of providing a dashboard for their department. However, I'm very careful about not giving out the URL for the tickets assigned to their group, since that uses an analyst license to access. 

Thanks.

Tammy

• 5.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Nov 11, 2014 04:32 PM

Have you considered a reporting tool to do this?

• 6.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2014 04:40 PM

I do not believe it will resolve the @cnt in the URL like that.

You may want to use a reporting took like Lindsay suggested or use Web Services (probably REST) to pull a list.

Alternatively, you could pass the name of the location in the URL.

• 7.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Dec 01, 2014 12:38 PM

Hello Tammy,

Were you able to figure this out?

Cheers,

• 8.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Dec 01, 2014 04:47 PM

No, it seemed I was being told that a URL won't work with @cnt in it.

A reporting tool won't really give you the real-time dashboard type statistics they were looking for.  And I'm not a 'coder' to work with web services.  We do have Xtraction, but they always want something 'free' to use like a URL.

Thanks.

Tammy

• 9.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Dec 01, 2014 04:54 PM

There needs to be a 'Cannot be done' button added here to click on !     haha.

• 10.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Dec 01, 2014 05:32 PM

Hi Tammy,

You can link directly to an Xtraction dashboard.  In a dashboard there's a little chain near the edit button, when you click this it will copy a direct link for the dashboard to your clipboard.

• 11.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Dec 01, 2014 06:17 PM

Yes, bgruneah, I do know that, thanks.  We only show Xtraction dashboards on plasma displays that are connected to our display system.  We do not have enough licenses to permit analysts to use it.

Tammy

• 12.  Re: URL to display open tickets for my location

Posted Dec 01, 2014 07:38 PM

Thank you Tammy.