CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Add 'Group' column to list of contacts after searching via Quick Profile.

Posted Jul 28, 2014 03:27 PM

We are wanting to add the Group column to a resulting list of contacts that is displayed after searching via quick profile.

The problem, as some may know, is that 'Group' is a contact type of its own.

Is there anyway to reference this to get this to display other than using the Attribute of 'group' that doesn't function here.

Form name is "list_cnt.htmpl"

cture.JPG

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Add 'Group' column to list of contacts after searching via Quick Profile.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 29, 2014 08:43 AM

Hi.

This functionality involves some basic considerations:

• The Quick Profile Contact List displays all types of contacts, normal contacts, but groups also. A group column for a group doesn't make sense, unless you have a hierarchical setup, where a group can be a member of another group.
    • The main concern I have is regarding the fact, that one contact can be a member of many groups, not only one. What value should be displayed in this case? The first group name af the list of groups, or the last group name, or even all group names?

I can imagine a solution, but this would involve a separate db fetch and iteration for each single contact displayed in the Profile Contact List. This may fullfill your requirement, but would not be very efficient regarding performance.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

.............Michael

• 3.  Re: Add 'Group' column to list of contacts after searching via Quick Profile.

Posted Jul 29, 2014 10:00 AM

Thank You Michael,

I think you are spot on about this request. It's not a requirement so I may have to run it back towards the requester.

I had a feeling it may be more problematic than it was worth when I started receiving "Unable to access...COMMON_VALUE" (foreign)

down the whole column of 'Group' I implemented.