CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  F5 BigIP with CA SDM Servlet Monitor

Posted Jun 30, 2015 07:05 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to configure F5 load balancer as follow on this link How to Configure the F5 Load Balancer for CA Service Desk Manager - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Wiki. However, the problem is: when I install the servlet on Application servers I must choose a port for Tomcat server different from 80 (in my case I chose 8180). It said, when I configure the custom monitor there is no place to choose the port.

My pool was configured to monitor and switch the connections through port 80 (in fact, this the port of IIS on CA SDM Application Server) and not port 8180.

My doubt is how can I monitor my App server through servlet port 8180 and, at the same time, route the inbound connections though IIS port 80 foward to App server on F5 BigIP?

Can someone help me out?

Regards

Jorge Arcanjo de Souza

• 2.  Re: F5 BigIP with CA SDM Servlet Monitor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2015 01:23 PM

Jorge,

The monitor servlet should be running on a completely separate and independent Tomcat, outside of ServiceDesk. I assume you configured this additional Tomcat to be installed on 8180? The monitor application is just monitoring, the load balancer needs to be configured to act upon the results given from the monitor (if it says "NOT OK" stop routing, or if there is a quiesce arranged to stop routing as well.

The monitor app performs no routing.

• 3.  Re: F5 BigIP with CA SDM Servlet Monitor

Posted Jul 20, 2015 05:43 PM

Hi Alex,

I worked with my colleague Network Administrator and we did it. It works fine now.

Tks,

Jorge Arcanjo de Souza

• 4.  Re: F5 BigIP with CA SDM Servlet Monitor

Posted Aug 25, 2016 12:20 PM

Hi Arcanjo,

have same issue here, would you mind to share how exactly solve that?

regards,