CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Redirect to another portal

Posted Oct 20, 2014 12:22 AM

We are using CA SDM 12.6

When users log into the CA SDM portal, is it possible to immediately redirect them to another website.

Inserting JavaScript code for redirection in gobtn_role.htmpl, welcome_banner.htmpl and home.htmpl did not work.

Any other ways to implement this?

• 2.  Re: Redirect to another portal

Posted Oct 20, 2014 12:31 AM

Hi Chirag,

Did you configure IIS webserver for SDM? If yes, then how about considering DNS alias to redirect the URL?

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: Redirect to another portal

Posted Oct 20, 2014 12:34 AM

Sorry! I missed one important detail in the original post.

The redirection is to be configured for users having employee access type only.

Those having analyst access should stay on the default analyst interface that loads.

• 4.  Re: Redirect to another portal

Posted Oct 20, 2014 12:46 AM

Hi Chirag,

Why do you want to accomplish this after user logs in to SDM? What is the purpose of it?

Ideally when a user logs in to SDM, the  SID will be the key that will keep the session active. Where are you trying to use his SID?

Regards

Nas

• 5.  Re: Redirect to another portal

Posted Oct 20, 2014 12:54 AM

With the current default portal, there are many issues with user experience which we plan to improve by deploying a separate portal using web services.

That is why, only end users need to be redirected.

SID can either be carried into the new portal if that is possible, or can be newly generated once redirected.

• 6.  Re: Redirect to another portal

Posted Oct 20, 2014 01:00 AM

Hi Chirag,

Then why dont you do the reverse way. First Use SDM WebServices Login Method to authenticate the users and then redirect the users to ServiceDesk.

I am not sure if you can carry further the SID to other portals. If you are specifically looking for a solution to maintain the same authentication across then make use of Siteminder.

Regards

Nas

• 7.  Re: Redirect to another portal

Posted Oct 20, 2014 02:16 AM

Will check this option.

But I doubt that we won't be able to use the same URL for end users as well as analysts.