CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Active Directory Sync does not sync manager field

Posted Aug 07, 2014 02:29 PM

When synchronizing the manager field in CSM from Active Directory, you can see that in the file it uploads, it correctly pulls the manager field from Active directory, however the field does not populate in CSM.

I received the following response from support....

"The Manager field from AD is coming as “Firstname LastName” format, but application requires manager field in “Lastname, Firstname” format hence the manager fields are not updating and throwing error. We are requesting you to update the manager field format into the AD Side and validate."

The problem is that AD only formats the manger field one way. I fail to understand why a product designed to sync AD was designed in a way that is not support by active directory.

I would like to see a fix in the sync utility (the web service would need to parse the manager name to split the first and last name then rejoin in reverse order). or even use the service principal name to match the manager to the user.

Does anyone have a work around for this in the mean time.

• 2.  Re: Active Directory Sync does not sync manager field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2014 02:14 PM

Hello,

It looks like this may be posted in the incorrect Community page, you can get to the CSM page here:

Deactivated - CA Cloud Service Management

• 3.  Re: Active Directory Sync does not sync manager field

Posted Aug 08, 2014 02:27 PM

Yeah, how can it be moved?

• 4.  Re: Active Directory Sync does not sync manager field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2014 02:29 PM

I believe an admin can move it, otherwise a new topic can be opened there as well.

• 5.  Re: Active Directory Sync does not sync manager field
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2014 02:31 PM

Yes I opened over there, thank you!

• 6.  Re: Active Directory Sync does not sync manager field

Posted Aug 08, 2014 02:45 PM

I just saw this and could have moved it but as you have already opened in Deactivated - CA Cloud Service Management I'll just close this one out

• 7.  Re: Active Directory Sync does not sync manager field

Posted Aug 08, 2014 02:50 PM

Thanks Chris