CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Areas, Symptoms and KM integration

Posted Jun 20, 2014 05:11 PM

So we are on the verge of going to R12.9 and it's time for us to revisit our Area table.  Since we have the new "Symptom" field we'll be able to remove many symbols from the table for which I am very grateful.  My initial thought was that we might even be able to streamline the Area table even more since we'll now be leveraging the CMDB for our applications, thereby removing the need to have so many "Applications" listed in the Area table.  However, after further reading in the admin guide about Knowledge, I'm afraid that I may still need those applications listed in the area table so the knowledge document associations make sense.

The ASK: Does anyone have some good examples of area tables they can share and speak to how that integrates with KM?  I want to minimize as much administrative overhead as possible, yet keep the tables small and sensible.

• 2.  Re: Areas, Symptoms and KM integration

Posted Jun 25, 2014 01:45 AM

Hello Corb

Could you edit your original post and flag this to a particular Place/Category, and add some Tags?

It will get more relevant views that way.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: Areas, Symptoms and KM integration

Posted Jun 30, 2014 03:28 AM

Hello All,

Any sites able to offer feedback to Corb on the "Area table?"

Hello Corb,

Can you please rephrase the query and maybe include a screenshot? You may get some more answers if people see the query from a different angle.

Thanks, Kyle_R.