CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Open Space Live Chat and Announcement functionality not working Properly

Posted Sep 26, 2014 09:06 AM

Hi Folks,

I am working on CA Open Space for the last few days and I am facing some issues with it.I have already integrated Open Space with CA SDM r12.9 and CA Catalog r12.9.I can create ticket in SDM  from Open Space side but there are some other basic features like Announcement,Live Chat which are not working.I mean , Announcement in service Desk can not be seen in Open Space Announcement zone.Though I am publishing new announcement in service desk but Open Space Showing "There is no announcement".So,I am bit worried about the publication of this announcement.Maybe I am missing some other configurations to make these SDM announcements available in Open Space.

For the Live Chat Section,I have enabled the Live Chat in Service desk Data Source configuration page.I have also configured Support Automation in SDM. Whenever I am clicking on "Chat with an IT analyst now" its showing "Failed to fetch support URL"

Untitled3.png

After that I checked in SDM side.There I clicked on "Live Assistance" tab and it redirected to a new tab which says "Analyst UI can't run without Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6 or higher. Install JRE." I then found some CA provided techdoc(TEC585212,TEC575120 ) which could not resolve this issue.I provided "E:/Program Files (x86)/CA/SC/JRE/1.7.0_10" for 'system.SDM.analyst.JRE.Location' property as I am already using java 1.7.

Untitled2.png

I guess problem lies in service desk side.

If some one please help me regrading these issues,I will be thankful.

Thanks & Regards

Manirul

• 2.  Re: CA Open Space Live Chat and Announcement functionality not working Properly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2014 08:55 PM

Hi Manirul,

Though a restart of  open space is not  needed after configuring the sdm data source, on one  or  two occasions it  did help. Is this something that can be considered? Or  have you  done that already?

_R

• 3.  Re: CA Open Space Live Chat and Announcement functionality not working Properly

Posted Sep 29, 2014 02:03 AM

Hi Raghu,

I did restart after configuring SDM data source.it did not help actually.

My concern is, after configuring SDM data source ,the "Annoncement " will automatically be seen in Open Space Home page if I publish any "Announcement" in SDM side or I have to do some other configurations to publish SDM announcement in CA Open Space Announcement Zone?

In the other hand,If I can resolve the "Live Assistance" issue in support automation tab,I guess the Live Chat in Open Space will also be started working.I followed the CA provided techdocs to resolve "Analyst UI can't run without Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6 or higher. Install JRE" this issue.I used the local JRE location to resolve this as I mentioned earlier.But it did not work.I am not getting any other way to resolve this support automation "Live Assistance" issue in SDM side.

Please take a look in the earlier screenshots which I have uploaded.

I provided "E:/Program Files (x86)/CA/SC/JRE/1.7.0_10" for 'system.SDM.analyst.JRE.Location' property. Is there any other things I have to configure?

This is what I get after configuring  Support automation property

live.png

Please help me to get rid of this issue.

Thanks

Manirul

• 4.  Re: CA Open Space Live Chat and Announcement functionality not working Properly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2014 10:16 AM

Manirul,

For Support Automation, the system.SDM.analyst.JRE.Location is not referring to the location where Java is installed on the server, the value should be referencing a url for the analyst to be able to download the Java client onto their desktop. Even if you are running Support Automation on the server you still need to install the Java client in order for Support Automation to function.

• 5.  Re: CA Open Space Live Chat and Announcement functionality not working Properly

Posted Oct 08, 2014 04:25 AM

I have not played around with Live Assistance in OpenSpace BUT ui had the same issue with Announcements and had that resolved with some help from CA.

For some bizarre reason, you need to have the user account you login with into OpenSpace have the same email address set as the userid has in Service Desk. I too expected only having to configure the CA SDM datascource and announcements and knowledge to work in OpenSpace but that is not the case. OpenSpace really looks at the email address of the user logged in and searches for matching SDM accounts based on that. Once you have a valid SDM account with the same email address and sufficient permissions in SDM to see the announcement it should start working.

Good luck!

• 6.  Re: CA Open Space Live Chat and Announcement functionality not working Properly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2014 11:20 AM

That's a great clarfication mderidde   Thank you !

The user logging into Open Space should have a matching email address between Service Desk Manager user details and Open Space user details.  It does not just go by userid matches because, Open Space can be configured to be logged by different options as we're using Liferay portal behind the scenes.   So email address match up was more feasible.

_R