CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Attachment Library in AA SDM R12.9

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2014 12:19 PM

How to configure attachment library repository in AA SDM R12.9 environment . As I have separate  Remote repository server. below are my server details

A: Background Server - 1

B :Standby server - 1

C: Application Server - 2

D: MDB Server -  It is in clustered environment

E : BOXI Server - 1

F: File Attachment Server

And according to the administration guide

• Advanced availability: Background server. The servlet runs on the application server and the rep_daemon runs on the background server.

In the advanced availability configuration, the rep_daemon runs on all the servers, by default

As I am not much clear upon the above lines in Administration guide.
    Let me know how I can configure Repository in on separate remote server

• 2.  Re: Attachment Library in AA SDM R12.9

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2014 10:01 AM

Mohit,

I believe we discussed this topic the other day. The only requirement is to specify a UNC path to a network share on the File Attachment server instead instead of the path specified in the repository. You may also have to configure login information if that is required to authenticate to the share.

• 3.  Re: Attachment Library in AA SDM R12.9

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2014 02:59 AM

Thanks Alexander. I am trying to do but I am getting one issue in my test environment that whenever I am trying to save the Repository Page it is not saving showing the error delay response. Attached is the screenshot. I tried from background, Application server but same issue I am getting. Do let me know how to resolve this one...

DelayResponse.png.

• 4.  Re: Attachment Library in AA SDM R12.9

Posted Nov 17, 2014 11:19 PM

Tremo01,

Do you see the same behavior if you use different browser such as Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks,

Naveen

• 5.  Re: Attachment Library in AA SDM R12.9
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2014 03:24 AM

HI naveen this is resolved now as I was getting the error of "SQL Execute  failed: [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server] [ SQL Code=207 SQL State=42S22] Invalid column name 'upload_path'." from the std log file. By which Repository page while saving giving delay response bahviour. I checked and come to know that cumm MDB patch for CA SDM r12.9  was not executed successfully. after executing the MDB patch on mdb server successfully. The issue is resolved now

• 6.  Re: Attachment Library in AA SDM R12.9

Posted Nov 18, 2014 03:37 AM

Thanks for letting us  know Mohit!