CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  URL that launches edit mode

Posted Dec 19, 2014 02:54 PM

Has anyone ever built a URL in Service Desk that launches a ticket in edit mode?

I was able to gather this from the email notifications that are sent.

http://%SDEnironment%/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=SEARCH+FACTORY=cr+SKIPLIST=1+QBE.EQ.id=1119172

However, this only launches the read only view. I want it to come up in Edit view.  I have tried changing the "OP" to equal "Update", but this doesn't not work correctly.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: URL that launches edit mode
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2014 03:19 AM

Hi Dion,

Try the following:

http://hostname/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=UPDATE+FACTORY=cr+PERSID=cr:id:1119172

Let me know if this resolved your query?

Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: URL that launches edit mode

Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:14 AM

Worked perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Alex

• 4.  Re: URL that launches edit mode

Posted Dec 22, 2014 08:20 AM

• 5.  Re: URL that launches edit mode

Posted Feb 04, 2015 04:25 PM

So we have a separate system where some data is being entered. This separate system then calls the WSDL and passes through some of the content. We are using the URL to launch the Incident directly in "edit" mode, which works well. We are not passing through an Incident Area, as that will be filled out directly, when the incident is launched. We were having trouble with this however. We did a great deal of testing and we were able to narrow it down to this.

• Ticket is launched
    • Incident Area is changed (which appears to be the key)
    • Click "Save"
    • Incident remains in edit mode and reverts all fields (except incident area) back to the way they were when the WSDL launched the ticket. Saving a 2nd time works, but fields then need to be filled out a second time.

This does not occur, when operating directly within SD only when that URL appears to be launched. Have you come across anything similar or have any thoughts on this? I will try to upload a video of how this is functioning tomorrow.

Thanks,

Alex

• 6.  Re: URL that launches edit mode

Posted Feb 05, 2015 04:12 PM

As promised. Here is a video of what I am experiencing. Do you think this could be related to the URL that is launching? That is the only thing I can think of.

• 7.  Re: URL that launches edit mode

Posted Feb 11, 2015 06:00 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts concerning this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• 8.  Re: URL that launches edit mode

Posted Feb 12, 2015 01:34 AM

Hi Alex,

If not answers are forthcoming, either no one has an answer or have not had a problem\experience with this before. Perhaps log a call with Support to get further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Brian