CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  how can I get the necessary files to implement a multilingual environment with the supported languages ?

Posted Nov 22, 2014 06:26 AM

We need to implement a multilingual end user environment. How can I get the necessary files to implement an employee  multilingual environment with the supported languages ?

• 2.  Re: how can I get the necessary files to implement a multilingual environment with the supported languages ?

Posted Nov 23, 2014 11:55 PM

Hi LJaime01,

You may refer the GreenBook chapter 14 which has detailed information about the SDM Multilingual Considerations and its support.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: how can I get the necessary files to implement a multilingual environment with the supported languages ?

Posted Dec 05, 2014 04:04 AM

Hi LJaime01,

Did the information provided above was helpful?

Thanks,

Naveen

• 4.  Re: how can I get the necessary files to implement a multilingual environment with the supported languages ?

Posted May 04, 2018 02:43 AM

Naveen_Desham Do you have an updated version (17.1) for the green book? When I click on the link above it only shows "You are not authorized to view this page."

Chris

• 5.  Re: how can I get the necessary files to implement a multilingual environment with the supported languages ?

Posted May 04, 2018 03:20 AM

Hello Chris,

The SDM 12.5 Green Book that Naveen referenced is still online here:

https://search.ca.com/assets/SiteAssets/TEC580893_External/CA_SDM_r125_Green_Book_ENU.pdf 

(I did a search for "Green Book" and "SDM Multilingual Considerations".)

Bear in mind that CA SDM has never gone the full multi-lingual route - but it is important to define what you want to achieve by this.

We offer fully localised versions, where the whole user interface is in a different language, such as Chinese. These are available out of the box and work just fine.

And of course the one installation can store any number of languages for the data - provided the database and o/s can handle it. So there is nothing to stop you from putting French data into a standard (English) SDM installation via the user interface. You can even knock up a few of the key forms into French if you wish, and create a French Form Group. 

The Green Book is still pretty much relevant . . . but not encouraged, due to the extra complexity and the fact that time and versions have marched on.  An alternative is to stand up different boxes per region, and then have a data import/export between them if needed (or give a View/limited Edit login to those who need it). (So no, there is no ITSM 17 Green Book that tells you how to do Multi-Lingual.)

Finally, for any current information, go to DocOps for ITSM 17 and type in "language." Not a lot will come up, but you'll come across things like this:

Configure Unified Self-Service to Support a New Language - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope that helps. If you need more, you're probably best opening up a new thread to discuss this to get more eyes on it.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 6.  Re: how can I get the necessary files to implement a multilingual environment with the supported languages ?

Posted Dec 19, 2014 05:15 AM

Hello LJaime01

I'm marking this thread as "Assumed Answered" based on the above discussions and no update from you in a month.

You may unmark this and provide further information if this is not the case.

Or if there is a “Correct Answer,” please mark it.

For best practice to encourage responses, see: Communities: Responding to Replies.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

Admin.