CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

• 1.  Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Posted Nov 11, 2014 10:36 AM

I am looking for information about Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 only. We recently upgraded from 12.5 to 12.9 and the only difference in the built-in self-service portals is the color scheme, needless to say we were hoping for more. We are looking for alternatives to the portal that comes with 12.9 and would like know if Unified Self-Service is an option? If so, what capabilities would be available with only SDM 12.9 (no catalog or asset manager)? Does anyone have this configuration in place today? Any details, experiences or documentation would be appreciated, thanks.

• 2.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Posted Nov 11, 2014 11:52 PM

Hi jmascaro,

How about considering the CA Open Space which can be integrated with CA SDM 12.9 as a self-service front end. For more information, you may refer CA Open Space for ServiceManagement documentation.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Posted Nov 12, 2014 01:08 PM

Thanks for the response, allow me to clarify my inquiry. I was reading the Service Management 14.1 wiki and from what I can tell Open Space has been replaced by the Unified Self-Service component. It also states that Unified Self-Service can now be integrated with either SDM or Service Catalogue only. As an SDM-only customer, I am interested in knowing what I can do with Unified Self-Service and can it completely replace the built-in self-service portal.

• 4.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2014 10:09 AM

For Service Desk 12.9 you'd need to use Openspace 3.0. This interface does provide a different look and feel than the Employee interface for Service Desk Manager, but still provides much of the same usability. The end users can log ticket, see existing tickets, see "announcements", launch a Support Automation session, etc. There is also a Community aspect of Openspace where end users can post "Questions" and share information between the user base. It should be noted that if you plan on using the Service Management mobile application you will want to consider Openspace as it is required to allow an "Employee" type to access the mobile interface.

I should note that with 14.1 the interface has changed even further, it's quite nice.

• 5.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Posted Mar 10, 2015 06:06 AM

as per the supportability matrix coming for 14.1, USS  is supported for 12.6, 12.7 and 12.9.

That say I was not able to find any documentation from CA around it.

USS is on the 14.1 service desk manager ISO image but also have it's own installer under Products\SelfService\\OSOP_Windows_Installer\Disk1\InstData\VM\

Will have to play with it to see how this work.

Will be glad to have some advise from CA or a quick documentation outside of the already existing that only mention the Service Management installer as this can help for smooth transition from previous release until full upgrade to 14.1

• 6.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Posted Dec 19, 2014 05:45 AM

Hello

I'm marking this thread as "Assumed Answered" based on the above discussions and no update from you in a month.

You may unmark this and provide further information if this is not the case.

Or if there is a “Correct Answer,” please mark it.

For best practice to encourage responses, see: Communities: Responding to Replies.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

Admin.

• 7.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Posted Apr 01, 2015 07:18 AM

From my previous comment I'm looking for more documentation around the install and configuration of USS with supported release of SDM.

Is that exist somewhere? Do we need to open a support case for it if we have trouble to install/configure USS with 12.9?

Thanks

/J

• 8.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2015 10:51 AM

jmayer,

Unfortunately, USS 14.1 is not certified with SDM 12.9

This link ( https://wiki.ca.com/display/CASM1401/Supportability+Matrix) shows supportability matrix  for 14.1 as it stands today and   SDM 12.9 with USS 14.1 is not one of the items there.

_R

• 9.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Posted Apr 10, 2015 11:30 AM

well this is not how I read the table below

as mentioned in my previous post I see it supported for 12.9 and 12.6 and either certified for 12.7

LEGEND : V - Certified (Tested and Verified); O - Supported (Not Tested, expected to work); x - Not Supported
    CA Service Desk Manager interoperability/compatibility within Service Management capabilities -
    Compatibility
    CA Service Desk Manager 14.1
    CA Service Catalog 14.1
    CA Asset Portfolio Management 14.1
    Unified Self-Service 14.1
    CA Service Desk Manager 12.9V (Upgrade)
    O O O
    CA Service Desk Manager 12.7V (Upgrade)
    V V V
    CA Service Desk Manager 12.6V (Upgrade)
    O O O
    CA Service Desk Manager 12.5V (Upgrade)
    O O x

• 10.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Posted Apr 10, 2015 11:40 AM

beside of this this is mostly working for me with USS 14.1 and SDM 12.9.

I can create issue, chat, search kb etc with no problem.

However, I still running  challenge of having correct MS AD attributes mapping for automatic ldap user import as despite the correct mapping in the interface is set correctly and user is automatically imported the mapping is wrong.

First name is imported as sAMAccountName

last Name is Null

email address is autogenerated like sAMAccountName + autogenerated number + domain suffix (i.e.  jsnith4578@domain.com)

Anyone encoutred that before?

Can't find any related either in CA support or liferay wiki

• 11.  Re: Unified Self-Service with SDM 12.9 Only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2015 02:06 PM

jmayer,

Sorry if I caused more confusion about the certification item. Yes, as per the matrix, whilst it was not formally certified, it is expected to work.

I dont think we've seen email address getting manipulated though. Its just pointing to receive the value of mail attribute in LDAP  but not to modify it (atleast not per the settings above).  Is the auto generated value matching with the userid value in the user_  table by any chance?  I'm wondering if its mixing up userid and mail together somehow.

_R