CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Edit in List

Posted Sep 11, 2014 04:08 PM

Can someone point me to documentation/"training" for Edit in List?  I searched online and in the document set, but didn't find anything good on "usage" (maybe I missed it?).

We need something to send to those users who we allow to use this function.  The users seem to consistently come up with scenarios where it does not do what they want; and I think a consistent document may help.

Thanks.

- Sam

• 2.  Re: Edit in List

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2014 04:39 PM

Sam, I think the usage "details" are online(maybe you found it but didn't think that is what you want?). For example,

when edit the incident list:"

Edit from the Incident List
    You can edit the incident fields that appear on the Incident List page without opening the Incident Detail page.

Note: This feature can be especially useful for editing fields of multiple incidents in a single operation. For example, if you want to transfer all incidents from one assignee to another, you can filter the list to display only the incidents for a particular assignee, then edit the assignee field and click Change All.
    To edit the incident list fields

On the Incident List page, select the incident you want to edit.

Click Edit in List.
    The top portion of the page displays the editable fields for the selected incident.

Edit the field values as appropriate.
    Click Save to save the changes to the selected incident.
    OR

Click Change All to make the same changes to all incidents in the list.

"

Is this what you wanted to know or I totally miss it. Anyway, throw it out here for your consideration. Regards _Chi

• 3.  Re: Edit in List

Posted Sep 11, 2014 05:08 PM

Chi,

You are correct.  I did not go into the Edit In List function to find it, expecting an explanation at the Incident Results level instead.

Thanks.  This can be marked answered.

Sam Cohen, Global Systems Manager

Marsh & McLennan Companies

Global Technology Infrastructure (MGTI) | ESE Application Engineering

121 River Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USA

+1 201 284 5213 | Mobile +1 908 472 0027 | sam.cohen@mercer.com<mailto:sam.cohen@mercer.com>

www.mmc.com<http://www.mmc.com/>

• 4.  Re: Edit in List
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2014 04:03 PM

Sam, thank you for the chat. It is always a pleasure to chat with you. I tried to mark this as "answered" but I couldn't

so I think maybe you can mark it as "answered". Please see if you can do that. Regards _Chi