CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  constrcting a url to display a htmpl page in detail_chg tab

Posted Dec 01, 2014 03:25 AM

Hi there,

I am trying to achieve something similar as displaying properties of categories in change orders ,

in detail_chg page we have a custom tab , the tab content should be visible and differ based on particular change order category.

I have created a java script function which fires on  'On change'  of  category .

i am constructing a URL as follows to display the htmpl page in detail change tab but unsuccessful.

1. /CAisd/pdmweb.exe?SID=193276068+FID=1351969445+OP=UPDATE+change_category=1+IS_NOT_SAVE=1+FACTORY=chg+SERVICE_CST=+KEY.category=Add.IT.Other+HTMPL=loadadditionalvalues.htmpl+IS_HIER=1
    2. display_new_page(url, workframe);

is there some thing wrong in url? how to construct a url to disply a htmpl page?

Thanks,

Venkat

• 2.  Re: constrcting a url to display a htmpl page in detail_chg tab

Posted Dec 03, 2014 04:37 AM

@@Michael_Mueller Gutis  any suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Venkat

• 3.  Re: constrcting a url to display a htmpl page in detail_chg tab
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 05, 2014 09:13 AM

Hi Venkat.

As far as I know, there is no simple easy way to achieve what you are looking for.

• I wouldn't go for the onChange event. This gets fired, when the user is typing something into the category field and moving the input focus out of this field. So this event gets triggered regardless what the user typed in. At that time, there is no validation or lokup in any way. Secondly I believe, that the event does not get fired when the user press the Category label and select a category from the selection list.
    • I would try to incorporate my stuff somewhere, which gets executed, when the standard behaviour has validated and lookuped whatever the user typed in or selected, which leads to a real change of the category. One place would be the Property page itself. When this page gets reloaded or rebuild, you are quite sure, that the user has changed the category to a new valid value.
    • This incorporation could do a submit to your specific tab only, to avoid a complete refresh of the whole detail window. In the URL a simple OP=JUST_GRONK_IT+HTMPL=<your htmpl here> may work. How rp refresh the tab depends on your implentation.
    • If you get to the point where you are able to refresh your tab, you would need to answere the question, how and where you want to store the information the user is entering somewhere in your tab. If you think of something like properties, meaning seperate records pointing to the change order, this is a very complicate thing. There is no generic functionality to create new property like functionality. The property stuff is hardcoded somewhere on the server/client and cannot be adopted to other situations. The "generic" functionality available is only for changing attributes of the change order itself, but not for additional records.

So sorry for disappointing you, but to me, there are many open questions which cannot be answered easaly. It doesn't mean that your requirement can not be done, but it can not be done in some lines of code and needs a lot of: reviewing the requirement, thinkin about different approaches and trying to find the best solution regarding functionality and costs.

Regards

..............Michael